Fostoria Trains VS. Deshler Trains

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
mike nowakowski
Railroadfan...fan

Fostoria Trains VS. Deshler Trains

Unread post by mike nowakowski »

Whats the amount traffic through Fostoria and through Deshler? And whats the name of the CSX Sub that goes East and West through both?
Love all class 1 railroads in USA and Canada, and short lines in michigan

Please, Check out my youtube acount its http://www.youtube.com/MTNRailProductions

Train Stuff and pictures and such: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikenowakowski/

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Re: Fostoria Trains VS. Deshler Trains

Unread post by Typhoon »

mike nowakowski wrote:Whats the amount traffic through Fostoria and through Deshler? And whats the name of the CSX Sub that goes East and West through both?

The WIllard sub begins at Deshler going east, west of there it is the Garrett sub. Fostoria itself is its own sub, with the Willard sub continuing on from East Fostoria east. Deshler also has the Toledo sub running north-south. Fostoria has the Columbus sub south, and the Pemberville sub running north.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Fostoria Trains VS. Deshler Trains

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

On June 25, in about 14 hours at Fostoria, I had 62 trains. Examining my logs and comparing to Y@'s log from the same day, there would have been 44 through Deshler in the same time frame.

The operations through Fostoria can get a bit hectic, due to the NE and SE corner connections. However, the NS (NKP) can be interesting. If I had to guess, Fostoria could get 90-100 trains/day depending on the day.

Deshler on the other hand can be a little more interesting with the operations, tower, and railfan park. Deshler does have less traffic overall than Fostoria, but maybe the experience is a bit higher quality vs. Fostoria. Deshler would probably have 70/day on average.
Brett