Maumee & Western Track Work

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Maumee & Western Track Work

Unread post by railohio »

Yes, they do work on the track...

"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Re: Maumee & Western Track Work

Unread post by CSX_CO »

After looking at who is responsible for their track work, it explains a whole lot.

At least they're wearing jeans and work boots. KBS crew I saw 2 summers ago hopped off the engine in flip flops, wife beater, and shorts to do their switching.

Practice Safe CSX

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CSX_CO wrote:KBS crew I saw 2 summers ago hopped off the engine in flip flops, wife beater, and shorts to do their switching.
You're not kidding, are you? The shorts don't bother me too much but flip flops and tank tops on the railroad...isn't that asking for trouble?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Shorthaul »

AARR wrote:
CSX_CO wrote:KBS crew I saw 2 summers ago hopped off the engine in flip flops, wife beater, and shorts to do their switching.
You're not kidding, are you? The shorts don't bother me too much but flip flops and tank tops on the railroad...isn't that asking for trouble?
I've also heard of slippers being worn

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

AARR wrote:
Well...maybe flip flops isn't the correct term, Mandels: the most strappy open toed version of sandles. Still...no socks or any kind of foot protection.

Even as a YM, I'm required to wear long pants in the Tower.

Practice Safe CSX

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CSX_CO wrote:Well...maybe flip flops isn't the correct term, Mandels: the most strappy open toed version of sandles. Still...no socks or any kind of foot protection.

Practice Safe CSX
Anything short of work boots is asking for a smashed foot someday.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

I saw a guy wearing a hula shirt...Now I want one! On a more serious note, shorts and no shirt were common on shortlines, just watch some of pentrex's tapes form the 80s
Semi-retired railroader

F40PH Fan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by F40PH Fan »

Looks like #16 has a ditch light out. Nice pictures :D

slwapprslw
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by slwapprslw »

Everyone seams to be talking about the clothing, but what about the eye wear. I don't see any safety glasses in the picture. Kinda makes you wonder about what kind of PPE is being used at all.
Cass Telles
"Slow-Approach-Slow" - 'Go by way of the B&O'
My photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctelles/

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

slwapprslw wrote:Everyone seams to be talking about the clothing, but what about the eye wear. I don't see any safety glasses in the picture. Kinda makes you wonder about what kind of PPE is being used at all.
An old condom forgotten in a back pocket might be the only "Personal Protective Equipment" present... :twisted: :wink: :lol:
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Looks like a bunch of high school kids doing their community service sentences after being busted for a back country road keg party. They usually pick up trash and cigarette butts along the I&O where it runs by the parks and bike trails in WCH.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

That's what it looked like to me too, a bunch of juvies serving off time. :lol:
midland sub wrote:Looks like a bunch of high school kids doing their community service sentences after being busted for a back country road keg party. They usually pick up trash and cigarette butts along the I&O where it runs by the parks and bike trails in WCH.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

It looks like they are putting in the ties that me and short haul have been replacing on the SMRS
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Shorthaul »

SMRGUY wrote:It looks like they are putting in the ties that me and short haul have been replacing on the SMRS
Yes, this reminds me of the SMRS in so many ways. But why are they all standing around when they have 2 backhoes just sitting there. They're not county workers, are they?

GenXRailMedia
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GenXRailMedia »

CSX_CO wrote:
AARR wrote:
Well...maybe flip flops isn't the correct term, Mandels: the most strappy open toed version of sandles. Still...no socks or any kind of foot protection.

Practice Safe CSX

One of my co-workers told me back in the carefree, reckless abandon days of the 70's, switchmen on the B&O at his terminal wore golf shoes -- to facilitate jumping from car roof to car roof to pass signals, or set high mounted hand brakes, all this while moving, of course.

Re the flip flops, watch out when opening knuckles. I had one almost fall out my foot yesterday, and that's with steel toes.
"I'll stop you by the radio there, TV-19."

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/kc8wjg/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GenXRailMedia?feature=mhee

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Here's today's track crew at the morning safety meeting...