NOW Heads Up

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
Y@
Ass. Janitor

NOW Heads Up

Unread post by Y@ »

Today I saw the NOW. It was a train. Blue engine with cars. They were going somewhere.

I'm back.
Bottom text.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: NOW Heads Up

Unread post by Ypsi »

what RR is the NOW?
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Bellevue_Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bellevue_Guy »

Northern Ohio and Western. They operate 21 miles of track from Tiffin, OH to Woodville, OH that was part of a former PRR line from Toledo to Mansfield. CSX owns the portion from Woodville to Wallbridge.

I have a few NOW pics in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23526

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Y@ wrote:Today I saw the NOW. It was a train. Blue engine with cars. They were going somewhere.

I'm back.
Don't they have a blue GP10? I cant remember but glad to see you're back.@
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Welcome back Y@! Great post, thanks for the information.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Yeah, figured I'd come back strong.

And yeah, it was that ugly blue/gray GP10 and a dozen or so cars. Saw them southbound through Helena around 5:00 this afternoon. As many times as I've driven Route 6 between Napoleon and Fremont, I've never actually seen the NOW on the move there. Didn't have the camera handy.
Bottom text.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

Y@ wrote:Yeah, figured I'd come back strong.

And yeah, it was that ugly blue/gray GP10 and a dozen or so cars. Saw them southbound through Helena around 5:00 this afternoon. As many times as I've driven Route 6 between Napoleon and Fremont, I've never actually seen the NOW on the move there. Didn't have the camera handy.
Gotta bring teh camera cuz teh raeroad can prise you. In other words, im back as well :wink:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

today i seen an up sd70m #5844 flag locamotive complet with flags an wings 8) . i was prettie prised to seen it. :shock: :shock: heads up anyone to see it it is coming.. 8) it yello an with some graye an allso red an white an blu.

I'm back too! Oh...wait...I never left...nvm.

:P

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Mr. Tops wrote:today i seen an up sd70m #5844 flag locamotive complet with flags an wings 8) . i was prettie prised to seen it. :shock: :shock: heads up anyone to see it it is coming.. 8) it yello an with some graye an allso red an white an blu.

I'm back too! Oh...wait...I never left...nvm.

:P
American by way fo raliz of Michgian, Ohoi, and Illnois

Ribbon Rail
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ribbon Rail »

DT&I wrote:
Y@ wrote:Today I saw the NOW. It was a train. Blue engine with cars. They were going somewhere.

I'm back.
Don't they have a blue GP10? I cant remember but glad to see you're back.@
Used to have a teal x-CNW GP7, but that’s gone. Was one of their first engines.
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=195829

I also remember a really tattered old ex-CNW GP7 in light grey w/ a yellow band, but I think that was shipped away & scrapped in Chicago.

Last time I passed through Tiffin, they had an ex-NYC GP9 (grey/blue) lettered for OMLX and an ex-ATSF GP7u (blue/white/red) lettered for Central Kansas Ry. CKR was owned by OmniTrax prior to selling out and NOW is still owned by them.

h710railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h710railfan »

I see them atleast once every week, they are a interchange i guess you could say between NS and CSX with about 21 miles of track. NOW stands for Northern Ohio and Western and they always have engine problems :lol: H710 brings takes cars for them to walbridge then brings them back two days later, anything from flat beds to tank cars carying etholnal. There is also a stone train they have from somewhere around Milland the way i understand it. That run three days a week and almost always has two CSX ac4400's on it, But since this is NOW driving they block trafic on rought 20 for about 30 mins trying to get clearance. I hear them on the scanner all the time asking for clearance onto NOW's trackage and the dispatcher or what ever they have is like never there.
~~~Connecting The World One Crash At A Time~~~