CCET operations

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

CCET operations

Unread post by redside20 »

Out of curiousity, I had heard that the founder and operator of the CCET, Chris Edwards has left and taken a desk postion with another rr entity in another state. If so how many people have stepped up in his place to keep things running?
Exit stage left

cumbres
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CCET operations

Unread post by cumbres »

I don`t know how many have stepped up, but Chris is now with the Strasburg Railroad in Pennsylvania. I cross the Peavine daily and it would appear that the CCET is running once a week to Huhtamaki or maybe less than that. The rails are quite rusty these days for sure.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

His father and he is helping out as much as possible in a limited factor. Great opportunity for him and we that know him wish him well and know he will get them to their potential.

redside20

midland sub wrote:His father and he is helping out as much as possible in a limited factor. Great opportunity for him and we that know him wish him well and know he will get them to their potential.
Lets cross our fingers and hope nothing but the best for the CCET..
Exit stage left

cumbres
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cumbres »

The CCET ran out to Winchester Ag Services today to deliver the switch engine that NS hauled out of there last year. If you go to Youtube and type "Jawtooth" in the search box, you will be taken to his channel page where he has posted around 10 videos of them at various points along the line.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heypal6878 »

My buddy who lives just outside of Seaman said on Wednesday he saw a white pick up rail truck on the rails going east, three guys in the truck had a logo on the drivers side of the truck but he couldn't make it out. He said the truck never returned east.

cumbres
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cumbres »

Not surprised about the truck. Word is that NS is evaluating the line again, it could have been them or CCET. I wonder if your friend saw what color the logo was on the truck because I have seen CCET`s truck several times and their logo is red.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

He said it was a darker colored logo. Tracks are pretty rusty on the Peavine. Chris moved to another job. Guy sure moves around.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

You should really consider dropping the NS rumor stuff it makes you look foolish. The only people that still are beating that dead horse are the ones that don't know anything or by people wanting gullible people to fall for it. The question is which one are you?

That was a CCET truck. With the flooding, the run up to Winchester and they have to inspect the tracks anyway.

Chris is still very active with the company. More than likely I would say he was in the truck and on the locomotive when Winchester got their switcher back. He is able to work both jobs.

cumbres wrote:Not surprised about the truck. Word is that NS is evaluating the line again, it could have been them or CCET. I wonder if your friend saw what color the logo was on the truck because I have seen CCET`s truck several times and their logo is red.

redside20

Word is that NS is evaluating the line again

Oh no...not this again...It just won't go away...kind of like an ex girlfriend..lol
Exit stage left

cumbres
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cumbres »

Yawn......... same ol know it all stuff from the same ol know it alls

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Great share who your sources are. You don't have to name them but where's it coming from in general. NS hired 40 more people for Cincy but it's for traffic heading to/fro Bellevue that doesn't need to be routed via Cincinnati and is only going to make things worse. Yep I come across as a jerk here but unfortunately that's what it's turned into.

cumbres wrote:Yawn......... same ol know it all stuff from the same ol know it alls

redside20

cumbres wrote:Yawn......... same ol know it all stuff from the same ol know it alls
So what makes you stand out from the rest? Is it something your drinking out of the Ohio River? Because I want in on it...
Exit stage left

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

I must say this Midland Sub guy reminds me of someone I work with. He knows everything about anything. Did you talk to Chris to find out if the pickup truck was for sure was someone from the CCET? Or are you speculating again? Pal you and your buddy are both running your chops that the Peavine will never open again. I can assure both of you you're not correct. Give it three more years maybe sooner and we will be say told you so! Now I'm not saying NS will control the line but the CCET may or maybe both will control the line. NS isn't in any hurry to open the line back up as they want double stacks. Double stacks cannot run on the Peavine and that pals is a known fact. Power can run anymore than 25 MPH so only frights and tankers can run on these tracks even with an upgrade.

Currently the CCET is doing a pretty good job with the Peavine. They are getting a few contract where NS didn't really want to bother with any longer. Not sure how much more they can get around Seaman maybe a few more out east.

You best get with Chris and let us know before you start assuming. I know you can't be correct all of the time. :lol:

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

heypal6878 wrote:I must say this Midland Sub guy reminds me of someone I work with. He knows everything about anything. Did you talk to Chris to find out if the pickup truck was for sure was someone from the CCET? Or are you speculating again? Pal you and your buddy are both running your chops that the Peavine will never open again. I can assure both of you you're not correct. Give it three more years maybe sooner and we will be say told you so! Now I'm not saying NS will control the line but the CCET may or maybe both will control the line. NS isn't in any hurry to open the line back up as they want double stacks. Double stacks cannot run on the Peavine and that pals is a known fact. Power can run anymore than 25 MPH so only frights and tankers can run on these tracks even with an upgrade.

Currently the CCET is doing a pretty good job with the Peavine. They are getting a few contract where NS didn't really want to bother with any longer. Not sure how much more they can get around Seaman maybe a few more out east.

You best get with Chris and let us know before you start assuming. I know you can't be correct all of the time. :lol:
Oh I hope Midland sees this...where's the popcorn?

I have a feeling you don't realize how connected he is...

redside20

Ok I will reveal the source who was at a Miami Valley slide show last year who told us about NS wanting off the Peavine. His name is Gary Rollih (sp) and he is a well respected member with the Cincinnati Union Terminal Group who is always in the know. I don't know him all that well and was the one sitting across the table from me telling us all this at the slide show. I didn't say his name at the time because I wasn't sure when this was gonna go down, but know that its happened. He told NS wasn't gonna do anything to the line except hold on to it for a long long time no matter what happens on the other divisions. For the longterm future the CCET is operator and there taking it from there and slowly build there customer base back up...
Exit stage left

Bellevue_Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bellevue_Guy »

heypal6878 wrote:Power can run anymore than 25 MPH so only frights and tankers can run on these tracks even with an upgrade.
Are you purposely misspelling this word? Just curious since it seems like you spell it that way every time you type it.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

This coming from the person that still thinks CSX has the Midland....

Common sense tells me what the hi-rail truck was doing and who had it. Hmmm I saw pics Chris posted elsewhere of the flooded area around the Peavine the day that truck was alledgelly spotted. So high water on line near a river at near record level.... Next they went to Winchester over trackage that has been out of service for a year. Hmmm you have to inspect it first maybe..... Even if it was NS guess what? It's CCET trackage and NS can't be on it without CCET personal..

The grain traffic happened because NS made it work for everyone. Whether it lasts is the unknown. Theres potential for more traffic from Winchester but who knows if and when it develops. Grain traffic can end just as quickly was it starts.

Here's the secret of the Peavine and NS. A real thin skinned j.o. Lake Div manager got their feelings hurt about no one at Norfolk asking their input about the Peavine filings. Railroads are like little kids playing telephone so said j.o. got the snowball rolling since they got their feelings hurt about the Peavine. Wasn't hard to get the rumor blown out of proportion and you can't blame the NS guys out of Portsmouth since it came from upper management up the Lake Div chain. Worked pretty good since five months later foamers are still chewing on the carcass of this beat to death horse....

If you read the STB filings it tells you what NS plans are for the Peavine. Nothing. It's going to rust into the ground until one day they need it if ever and then they will extend their hand outward Palm upward for the Feds and the State of Ohio to pay for it.

If you think for a second NS is dumb enough to reopen the line with minimal work and run any sort of oil or ethanol train over the Peavine you are beyond description... I appreciate your eternal optimistism about the Peavine. It's not going anywhere. I don't know everything I'm fortunate to know a few people who are in the loop that can't share stuff themselves and more importantly like the correct info out there

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I know of one time midland was partially wrong about something :P :twisted: :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

I played eighteen holes at Augusta with Wick Moorman and John Squires over the weekend. They both told me the plan for the Peavine, straight from their mouths...but I cannot tell any of you as I'll loose my seat on the next NS OCS movement. To me, its just not worth it to quiet the silly banter here. So, sorry folks...guess I can't help.

Now, back to reality, but my point is this:

This pissing match of who has the right information is not proving anything and is doing more harm then good. There are now two threads that have so much BS piled onto it my Mushroom Plant stock has gone through the roof...

In the words of my late grandmother, "It all comes out in the wash"...

So hang the laundry out and let it dry.

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/