Leipsic Area Signal Work on the Toledo Sub

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Leipsic Area Signal Work on the Toledo Sub

Unread post by heartlandguy »

CSX has begun a signal project in the Leipsic area on the Toledo Subdivision, and two sets of iconic B&O CPLs are slated for removal. New southbound Safetran masts are up at Leipsic Junction north of the diamond, while a new northbound cantilever base is in place on the other side. South of town, a new intermediate signal is in place at MP 153.5, the site of the last pair of CPL intermediates on the line. The interlockings at XN Tower (jct w/ the I&O) and North Leipsic have not been affected, and no other materials or other signs of signal work have been spotted elsewhere...

If you want your shots of the classic B&O cantilever at Leipsic Jct, or the intermediates at 153.5, get your shots now.

G
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Leipsic Area Signal Work on the Toledo Sub

Unread post by CG Tower »

Progress stinks:

ImageThe Replacements by CG Tower, MP 142.3, on Flickr
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I'd be shooting any CPL in the area... It looked like there are at least 5 masts by the junction behind some containers. Could be wrong that's just what it looked like.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

DT&I wrote:I'd be shooting any CPL in the area... It looked like there are at least 5 masts by the junction behind some containers. Could be wrong that's just what it looked like.
Partially correct, the masts and bases were not signal masts but PTC antenna masts.

CG
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

CG Tower wrote:
DT&I wrote:I'd be shooting any CPL in the area... It looked like there are at least 5 masts by the junction behind some containers. Could be wrong that's just what it looked like.
Partially correct, the masts and bases were not signal masts but PTC antenna masts.

CG
Better than signal masts at least
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain