Conrail's Marion Branch Info?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
CR Cabanaw
Railroadfan...fan

Conrail's Marion Branch Info?

Unread post by CR Cabanaw »

Hey,
Does anyone have any info or pictures they can give me on the Marion Branch around 1980-1985? I'm trying to do some research on the route because I'm looking to start an HO scale layout around this time.
" "

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Conrail's Marion Branch Info?

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I've never been south of Goshen on the branch myself, but Y@ and a few of our other members have spent a lot of time shooting that line, I'm sure they can help. Good luck in your research, that line will make a great layout!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

CR Cabanaw
Railroadfan...fan

thanks, I'll send him a message :mrgreen:
" "

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Hah. Y@ wasn't even alive yet in 1985. :mrgreen:
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Email me at chowetrains@frontier.com and I can help you with the information you seek. I am working on a two part article for the CRHS on the Marion Branch and have been actively seeking photos for it so I should be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob46580 »

Be an interesting line to model if you had room, Little Crow Foods in Warsaw complete with street running behind it(and sometime late 70's or early 80's there was still a siding coming off to rear of Littr Crow) and the Coco Wheats , Miracle Maize Fryin Magic and Fast Shake boxes on roof. The Big Four Cut in Wabash followed by the curved Wabash river bridge. Plus in the time frame you could have Conrail's ELFW/FWEL waiting on Amtrak on the old (double track)exPRR in Warsaw too! If it come down to signaling you may have to make room for Milford Jct. as single track diamond to double east of it and CPL's on CSX side with PRR PL's on the Marion Branch side. hope you have a lot of room!
If i ever win the lottery for more than 5 million dollars , i just may take up modeling.

CR Cabanaw
Railroadfan...fan

yeah there certainly are a lot of interesting places out there. Haha modelling it all will certainly be a hobby to keep with me till my last breath thats for sure! :mrgreen:
" "