TSBY in Clare

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainNut85
Train Chaser

TSBY in Clare

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Got to see the TSBY(now GLC) in Clare today with 385 and 393 for power. They showed up at about 10:30 this morning which is a rare occasion as the TSBY usually comes thru Clare at nite. I'll post more sightings of the TSBY in Clare later.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Did the train come from Owosso or Cadillac? The reason I ask is there are several day trains on GLC. If their normal routes were slow they could send them off in a different direction. Or it could have been some hot cars that needed spotting at the Clare Poly Pavilion.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

TSBY in Clare

Hey Don, they came from Cadillac and headed back to Cadillac afterwards but they left a few cars on the second siding for the nite crew to pick up on their way south tonite.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I don't have the answer but it's possible that the Cadillac crews switched assignments with the day crew running to Clare instead and the night crew running north.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Well it turned out that the day crew actually did the switch work in Clare so the nite crew didn't have to do it. They ran south that nite.

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Hey, did the southbound crew switch out Polly Pavilion as well, or just make a set off in the yard? I should also ask if they ran over to the truss plant as well. It would make sence for the daylight crew to switch the customers in Clare, during the day.
Dave C

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

They did leave a set of cars they pulled out of Poly Pavillion but they left them on the second siding for one of the trains to pick up. I'll keep an eye out this coming week if more happens.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Sightings for Monday

Yesterday afternoon the TSBY made an early appearance with just one engine, the 389, but apparently they ran into some maintenance trouble and had to sit for a while for a mechanic out of Cadillac to come see what the problem is. From what I heard it had to do with some faulty wiring, and the mechanic couldn't do anything about it. He suggested that it be sent down to Owosso so the problem could be assessed. The daytime crew parked #389 in front of the cars they had left since last Thursday and hitched a ride back with the mechanic. Later that nite #392 with close to a dozen cars behind it stopped to pick up the 389 and the cars with it. An hour later #393 with #385 behind it came into town northbound and left some cars for future switching at Poly Pavillion.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Last nite in Clare was very interesting. The TSBY stopped to switch the cars at Poly Pavillion in a rain storm. I got to talk to the guys last nite and they had some trouble with 393, it died on them 5 times so i guess she's in for a maintenance check in Owosso, but other than that they handled it pretty good with 2681. They left for Rosebush with 14 cars behind them to go meet with the NB.