MQT and GLC TC operations questions

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Re: MQT and GLC TC operations questions

Unread post by CERY »

Ok so whats the name of the Lumber place?
Semi-retired railroader

anumber1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by anumber1 »

Heh... Well.... I do remember the remote control NS "walk your train" device we created to get the proper days off (you may remember FW cndr when we hid the HTD).

In my best 1930's german "I know what you think".

Don't think much has changed other than my physical location. Them BOBS know how to turn the screws.

fiddycent

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Ok so whats the name of the Lumber place?
I think it's called North Pacific Building Supplies or Lumber or NorPac for short.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

Thanks Don.
Semi-retired railroader

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Tyler H. wrote:Ok so whats the name of the Lumber place?
I gave you the link to the company website so you could read all about the company. Did you bother to click on it? It's called "North Pacific".

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Tyler H. wrote:Ok so whats the name of the Lumber place?
I gave you the link to the company website so you could read all about the company. Did you bother to click on it? It's called "North Pacific".
No I missed you post and only saw Don's. My mistake. When I googled "williamsburg michigan lumber" I only got the truss place.
Semi-retired railroader

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

Chased the train south out of Baldwin this morning. Left Baldwin at 655am with 4 engs (3001 was the 3rd unit) & 99 cars. Didn't arrive the Amtrak station in GR until almost 200pm with 95 cars. Worked at White Cloud, Grant, and Comstock Park. I'm sure it wasn't going to get too far north on the return trip today.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Can someone answer the same questions again? Im looking for answers for the exact questions with more up to date information. Thanks

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

milineamtrak wrote:Can someone answer the same questions again? Im looking for answers for the exact questions with more up to date information. Thanks
Darn, I can't remember the name of the company that took over NorthPac, Amerisomething IIRC. Anyway, seems they get service on Tuesdays and sometimes Thursdays but can vary. Best bet is to check in Cadillac first thing and get their schedule for the day.

Seems the main difference at MQT is they run a daily train to Grand Rapids rather than 3x per week.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Marquette Runs a Z151 on a call time of 7am Sunday to Friday from Baldwin. Sometimes they run a Saturday edition too. Not exactly sure about the Ludington Job and when they run to Walhalla, but the Z151 power should then run north of Baldwin, through Walhalla to Manistee and return in time for the 7m call for the z train. They stop and switch Walhalla on the way, and customers on the east side of Manistee Lake.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

MQT3001 wrote:Marquette Runs a Z151 on a call time of 7am Sunday to Friday from Baldwin. Sometimes they run a Saturday edition too. Not exactly sure about the Ludington Job and when they run to Walhalla, but the Z151 power should then run north of Baldwin, through Walhalla to Manistee and return in time for the 7m call for the z train. They stop and switch Walhalla on the way, and customers on the east side of Manistee Lake.

Wow you are ambitious..
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Looks like day run (7am) from Baldwin to Grand Rapids and evening to night run Baldwin to Manistee?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

milineamtrak wrote:Looks like day run (7am) from Baldwin to Grand Rapids and evening to night run Baldwin to Manistee?
Yeah, if they're running on-time. Generally the earlier in the week the more likely they're running on-schedule. Sometimes, for whatever reason, they don't make Baldwin at 7 or 19, then the next crew has to finish that "leg" of the round-trip, thus putting the schedule behind. Of course this resets for Sunday generally, so that is why this is more reliable then. Now they are not chronically late or anything, just a better chance. They have been off a lot more lately with slow orders and track work.
CAT345C wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Marquette Runs a Z151 on a call time of 7am Sunday to Friday from Baldwin. Sometimes they run a Saturday edition too. Not exactly sure about the Ludington Job and when they run to Walhalla, but the Z151 power should then run north of Baldwin, through Walhalla to Manistee and return in time for the 7m call for the z train. They stop and switch Walhalla on the way, and customers on the east side of Manistee Lake.
Wow you are ambitious..
Why do you say that?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

[quote="AARR]Darn, I can't remember the name of the company that took over NorthPac, Amerisomething IIRC. [/quote]
Amerhart! Only took me 4 hours to recall it :oops:

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/Marquette_Rail

Other than Z151's call time being in the morning now, has anything else changed in the wiki?

I assume the Baldwin to Manistee turn exchanges cars in a siding at Wallhalla for the Ludington job to grab?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

milineamtrak wrote:http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/Marquette_Rail

Other than Z151's call time being in the morning now, has anything else changed in the wiki?

I assume the Baldwin to Manistee turn exchanges cars in a siding at Wallhalla for the Ludington job to grab?
Other than the call time change, I am not aware of any errors over there (I re-read all of it). As for your question, that is the usual operation AFAIK

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

CAT345C wrote:

Wow you are ambitious..
:lol: 'Tis a miracle of railroad technology....

As far as GLC in Traverse City, they are running a try-weekly schedule. Once a week they try to get to town.

Traffic north of Cadillac is customer scheduled. If a car shows up for a customer, GLC delivers as fast as they can or as soon as the customer can take the load. Keep an eye on the Michigan Shortlines thread. Our man in Cadillac (AANscaleRunner) often posts when a loaded center beam arrives in Cadillac. Usually a trip to TVC occurs within a day or two. Arrive TVC around 1100 and head south around 1330. All times are approximate.