Mt. Clemens Sub

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
mike nowakowski
Railroadfan...fan

Mt. Clemens Sub

Unread post by mike nowakowski »

Wondering how many go through a day and about what time.
Love all class 1 railroads in USA and Canada, and short lines in michigan

Please, Check out my youtube acount its http://www.youtube.com/MTNRailProductions

Train Stuff and pictures and such: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikenowakowski/

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Mt. Clemens Sub

Unread post by David Lang »

The Mt. Clemens Sub sees about 8 per day. I live on the Mt. Clemens Sub just north of where the CN crosses M-59. Early morning except Saturday will begin with Southbound Roadrailer Train 145. I've seen him go south as early as 3am and as late as 7am. Next typically will be Southbound Manifest Train 383. 383 is a little more UN-predictible. He used to run regularly between say 7am and maybe 9am, but lately he's been sometimes running in the afternoon instead. Afternnons you will see Southbound Manifest Train 385 and Northbound Manifest Train 382. Following 385 (lately anyway) is another 385 is the late afternoon/evening time frame. Then between about 4pm and 7pm is northbound roadrailer (excpet Saturday) Train 144. Then CN manifest train 384 will either lead or follow 144, but usually follows. 384 comes North as early as 7pm, but I've seen him as late as 11pm. Northbound CN train 386 may begin running soon again if the auto industry picks up - he was anywhere between maybe 2am and 7am. CN is also running a southbound 277 (empty autoracks) lately - not EVERY day, but most day sometime in the morning hours - between 6 or 7 am and 9 or 10 am. I am not home during the Mon-Fri time frame so I don't know the locals schedules - the southbound local from Pt. Huron comes south some mornings maybe 2 or 3 am. Don Simon or someone else can tell you more about the locals. A lot of business in Mt. Clemens lately, so one of the locals comes north out of East Yard up to Mt. Clemens and switches along the way, but I don't know when. There is also a "101" job that switches between East Yard and Nolan too. Hope this all helps.

David Lang @ MP 24.5 on the CN Mt. Clemens Sub