Action in Clare last Friday

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Action in Clare last Friday

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

ok this is one of the attempts for posting pictures, if i don't do it right someone help me out with it.

Last Friday the TSBY happen to appear in town in the middle of the day to switch out Poly Pavillion with #394 and #2681 as the locomotive power.
[img]http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/albu ... 23394%20at%[/img]
Then later in the day the guys end up hooking back up to the train they brought with them, then they park it on the main for the nite time crew to come get.
[img]http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/albu ... f%20%23394%[/img]

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

If you are trying to link to the page that the image is on, try to link it with code like this:

Code: Select all

[url]http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-20184[/url]
Use this instead of

[url]http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10104&pos=3[/url]
because with this last line, where it says "lastup" and "pos=3", this means that it will take the 3rd to last photo uploaded in that gallery...so as soon as you upload your next photo, the photo you meant to link won't be linked anymore.

For showing an image, right click on the image, copy the "address URL", all lines(in this case, 3 lines full) and make it look like this:

[img]http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10104/normal_view%20of%20%23394%20at%20Poly%20Pavillion.%20Clare%2C%20MI.JPG[/img]
When uploading images, try to size them no larger than 1600 pixels wide, as the gallery tries to resize them to 1024 pixels wide. Hope this helps!
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I'm pretty sure that was the night crew, just really early. They sat at Clare killing time since the ethanol passenger train was occupying the main in Mt. Pleasant. They eventually were given permission to Pickard Street in Mt. Pleasant where they waited till the ethanol train returned. When the VIP's got off, the passenger train went into the siding. The SB went to Shepard and swapped with the NB and returned with the TSBY insulated box and a pole car. The passenger train went back to the station, unloaded the wait staff and then went back to the siding until Saturday morning when the 385 was taken off and put on the Owosso to Cadillac excursion train.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

First pictures I've seen of switching done at Poly Pavilion. Thanks for posting guys.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Thanks for showing those Don and thanks to Railroadfan for showing me how to get them in. By the way Don i have a lot of pics of the action at Poly Pavillion, so if u wanna see them just give me a buzz.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

If possible post here NSfan85 for all to enjoy. I enjoy your GLC updates and look forward to more.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Well if i see anymore action during the daylight i'll post more updates Don. Even tho its the GLC, I still call it the TSBY.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

When I modeled a modern "TSBY" back in the early 1990's I called it Ann Arbor and Michigan Northern. At least GLC makes more geographical sense than TSBY :)