Flat Rock Yard map

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
mike nowakowski
Railroadfan...fan

Flat Rock Yard map

Unread post by mike nowakowski »

Does anyone have a link to a detailed map of Flat Rock Yard and Battle Creek Yard.
Love all class 1 railroads in USA and Canada, and short lines in michigan

Please, Check out my youtube acount its http://www.youtube.com/MTNRailProductions

Train Stuff and pictures and such: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikenowakowski/

tazer
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Flat Rock Yard map

Unread post by tazer »

I don't have a map of Flat Rock but I have this one of Battle Creek. Not for sure what year it was drawn
I've had it since the late 70's or early 80's
There has got to be a very detailed map out there somewhere of both yards

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Flat Rock is still in use. Battle Creek is dormant. Also, IIRC, the track around Battle Creek is single tracked since late 1970's.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

Don,

Your quote above: "the track around Battle Creek is single tracked since late 1970's" I don't understand.

The CN Main is double track from just East of the Diamonds in Schoolcraft, through Battle Creek and East to about Olivet. Then single track from Olivet to somewhere East of Pottervile, then back to double track East of there through Lansing.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

David Lang wrote:Don,

Your quote above: "the track around Battle Creek is single tracked since late 1970's" I don't understand.

The CN Main is double track from just East of the Diamonds in Schoolcraft, through Battle Creek and East to about Olivet. Then single track from Olivet to somewhere East of Pottervile, then back to double track East of there through Lansing.
I have a photo that shows the main track (at the top of the drawing) that runs around the yard is single tracked. I believe the photo is from the late 1970's. I'll try to look it up later to confirm.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

There was a single main track from Emmett St to the east end when it was built in 63 or so. The second main track was added later.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Ben Higdon wrote:There was a single main track from Emmett St to the east end when it was built in 63 or so. The second main track was added later.
I got it backwards, then :oops:

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

Here are two maps showing some before and more after at Battle Creek. I couldn't get the program to stitch them together :?

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

Wow, all that for $4,750,000.00 It would certainly cost a hell of a lot more these days.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Sad that such an impressive yard is dormant. :(
Bottom text.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Guess Im late on this, Im still looking for a Flat Rock map.

Again, My scanner bed is small.

Mark it Zero.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

If you look at some newer maps of the Battle Creek yard, You see that the FLINT SUB and the SOUTH BEND SUB meet center of the "Proposed "Fuel Dock. Mile Post 179. Funny, That came and went. Now it's the Former Fuel Dock.
Mark it Zero.