CSX Pt. Huron/Sarnia traffic

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

CSX Pt. Huron/Sarnia traffic

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Don't know if this has been covered.......

Last night I saw a CSX engine sitting in the CN Pt. Huron yard with about a dozen cars: Is this a transfer train between the two cities for CSX traffic, or just a transfer between CSX and CN and the job tied up here for the night??

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: CSX Pt. Huron/Sarnia traffic

Unread post by redside20 »

Buster Manning wrote:Don't know if this has been covered.......

Last night I saw a CSX engine sitting in the CN Pt. Huron yard with about a dozen cars: Is this a transfer train between the two cities for CSX traffic, or just a transfer between CSX and CN and the job tied up here for the night??
I do believe it's the D710 that all the railfans around Port Huron and Flint railfans have been seeing on the CN
Exit stage left

Bentrail
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bentrail »

Local out of Flint to Pt.Huron

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

None of the above. Transfer of pwer from Sarnia. Had a Q322 (dog catching to move it out of Stanly, to Plymouth becuse no Flint crews rested) a few months ago, that we were supposed to according to the paperwork, have 7 GP38-2's dead in tow, for Sarnia. Come to find out, it is for transfering power back and forth via the CN. They now transfer the power at Pt. Huron/Sarnia, due to CSX selling part of there lines over there.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!