Anyone else notice......

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Anyone else notice......

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Maybe it's just me, has anyone noticed that in the last 2 years the railfan count in West Michigan has really jumped up? I never really saw any pictures but Zack's and a few others up until that time. That was the time I started railfanning, and since then a lot of others have joined up on this site and shared their photos. I'm just amazed! Where else can you find a line with as few trains as the CSX Pymouth and GR Subs and log on here and pretty much read about every single train that ran on any given day? I just wanted to express my thanks and pride of being in such a great area for railfanning with such a great group of people. Bravo, everyone.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Maybe it is because there is such a variety on the CSX from one train to the next and a lot of good places to shoot.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Well, I've been railfanning in west Michigan since I moved to GR from Lansing in '99, and before that is was mostly around the Lansing area. I never took many pictures because I didn't have a good enough camera to give me the results I was looking for. Seeing great pictures on the web would only frustrate me! haha

I just wish I would have found this site when it was first created. Maybe if I had taken the time to talk to the random people at Judd St. I've seen there over the years I would have known about it. Hey, I've got an excuse...I'm a little shy! :lol:

Anyway, I just wish I had more time to spend photographing trains...and the information to know WHERE to be at the RIGHT time. :)

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Well I'm a transplant from the land of plenty so I guess that means I don't count, seen more trains by the age of 10 then most see their whole life :-)
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"