Heads up Michigands (NS Michigan Line)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Heads up Michigands (NS Michigan Line)

Unread post by rwas »

Reliable source just informed me that 21Z just departed River Rouge and is running the Michigan line to Elkhart. All trains called between now and midnight will take Toledo to Detroit to Jackson to Elkhart. Anticipated opening of Chicago line is 1am Sunday. Get your cameras if you haven't already.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Nice videos guys! Good for recording consist information :) Nice Phase III baggage in there, too!

I clearly should have just done a video with my digital camera....instead, I tried photos, had focus problems, then by the time I got it focused, and hit the shutter, and the delay happened, I got the whole thing except the front of the nose :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hopefully the film did the trick and I have some good shots. I'm going to try out a new developing place in AA to see how they do. I found a nice new spot to photograph Amtraks and maybe B34 this summer :) I should have just done a video with the digital instead of screwing around trying to get still photos. Awesome train though! Anyone know if they're going down the Grand Elk to Elkhart or just across the Amtrak Michigan Line? They can still load and unload at Elkhart from the 2nd track coming off the Kalamazoo Branch since they built the new crossover at the depot.

rsinoms
Human Moose Elephant

Unread post by rsinoms »

id assume across the MI line cause the amtrak press release said it was skiping elkhart and south bend.
You say trestle... I say Trussell!!!

tazer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tazer »

by rwas on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 pm
Reliable source just informed me that 21Z just departed River Rouge and is running the Michigan line to Elkhart. All trains called between now and midnight will take Toledo to Detroit to Jackson to Elkhart. Anticipated opening of Chicago line is 1am Sunday. Get your cameras if you haven't already.Reliable source just informed me that 21Z just departed River Rouge and is running the Michigan line to Elkhart. All trains called between now and midnight will take Toledo to Detroit to Jackson to Elkhart. Anticipated opening of Chicago line is 1am Sunday. Get your cameras if you haven't already.
That 21Z went by Albion at 6:30 and was to meet a 206 around Battle Creek on it's way to West Botsford to pick up a Grand Elk Pilot
So there could be a 206 on it's way east but I haven't heard it on the scanner as of 7:10 pm
They might be held up by the CN, I went by the CN yard in Battle Creek about 2:00 pm today and it appeared to be very active .

What type of train is a 206 ?

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

Woo hoo im ready for the re-routes!

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

tazer wrote:
by rwas on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 pm
Reliable source just informed me that 21Z just departed River Rouge and is running the Michigan line to Elkhart. All trains called between now and midnight will take Toledo to Detroit to Jackson to Elkhart. Anticipated opening of Chicago line is 1am Sunday. Get your cameras if you haven't already.Reliable source just informed me that 21Z just departed River Rouge and is running the Michigan line to Elkhart. All trains called between now and midnight will take Toledo to Detroit to Jackson to Elkhart. Anticipated opening of Chicago line is 1am Sunday. Get your cameras if you haven't already.
That 21Z went by Albion at 6:30 and was to meet a 206 around Battle Creek on it's way to West Botsford to pick up a Grand Elk Pilot
So there could be a 206 on it's way east but I haven't heard it on the scanner as of 7:10 pm
They might be held up by the CN, I went by the CN yard in Battle Creek about 2:00 pm today and it appeared to be very active .
What type of train is a 206 ?
206 is a Chicago-Waterville Me intermodal
Exit stage left

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Are they still planning to open up around 1am? Do you guys think traffic will increase elsewhere, say east of Toledo after this time point? I'm thinking about doing something crazy and scouting the line out 1am on. Wonder if it would be worth it.
Brett

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

bdconrail29 wrote:Are they still planning to open up around 1am? Do you guys think traffic will increase elsewhere, say east of Toledo after this time point? I'm thinking about doing something crazy and scouting the line out 1am on. Wonder if it would be worth it.
I would! But thats just me lol :wink:

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Haha. Isn't it fun? Realistically though, I'm guessing with crews and what not, it'll take a few days.
Brett

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Just think though, this is the most activity the Michigan Line's seen in ages... kinda has an old NYC Days feel to it.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Maybe the Conrail days...in the NYC days they had 40 plus trains running a day.

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

TrainWatcher wrote:Just think though, this is the most activity the Michigan Line's seen in ages... kinda has an old NYC Days feel to it.
We have had 5 today (including 206). Last Friday we had 6 trains east of Wayne.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Great videos guys! Thanks for posting them.

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Another re route ,21N just went by with a bnsf c44-9w wb. They are stopped in Wayne waiting for 206.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

The most trains west of wayne since i have been following the michigan line.there have been 5 so far.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Was down in Waterloo with Pat C., Mr. Tops. First train went through at about 9:45 or so. 26T on main one. 10MPH speed restriction. Work trains were still dumping balast on main two.
Mark it Zero.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Why do they need 6 units on a 22 car passenger train, when 2 units pull a 130 car coal train?
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Well, you can't really count the cab car as all it is--is a shell. 49 had 3 units--probably 1 from the Boston section with 2 coming from NY and there was the 2 units for 29 and it's a whole lot easier to just couple the two trains together with power in the middle as opposed to switching all the power around so that it's all on the head end

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

AMTK 29/49:
AMTK 90225 (NPCU)
AMTK 111 (P42DC)
AMTK 147 (P42DC)
AMTK 23 (P42DC)
--------------------------
13 CARS
---------------------------
AMTK 42 (P42DC)
AMTK 44 (P42DC)
---------------------------
9 CARS
-----------------------------
22 TOTAL

NS 21Z:
NS 7541 (ES40DC) HH
NS 9846 (C40-9W) HH
------------------------------
103 PLATFORMS
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side