NS mantinence of way

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

NS mantinence of way

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

recentally had two MOW trains come down the michigan line. one ballast WB one rail replacement train EB. have a feeling their doing replacement somewhere along the line. anybody know where?

Avnx
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS mantinence of way

Unread post by Avnx »

Hadn't heard where or if there was even any M of W work going on, but heard through the grapevine on here that the welded rail train went west to the Battle Creek area, and then came back east the next day. Someone had posted a YouTube video of the rail train coming north on the Detroit line, but it looked empty with the exception of one piece of welded rail. Not sure if what is going on exactly.

No word on any ballast train.

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

I wonder when that rail train will return east. I usually have my scanner on 24/7 and I haven't heard any odd symbols.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

The rail train ran to Battle Creek symboled as B16 on Friday. One length of rail on board.
Ballast train was in Jackson last Monday I believe. It dumped Ballast on the old Cincinatti Northern line from Jackson yard out to Worthington Steel. Also looked like the Line to Dawn foods got ballast also.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I saw a pile of concreat laying across one trak in Hinman yard, They have been doing some pipe work in hinman. Steam or something. I belevie some may have run under the tracks. Perhaps they had to tear out a section of track to get to the steam lines.
Mark it Zero.

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by canpac08 »

Aaron it might have been steam but could it have been steam and yard air that they are working on?
He who wanders with purpose, has no purpose to wander

Avnx
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Avnx »

JUST AARON wrote:They have been doing some pipe work in hinman. Steam or something.
The pipes would most likely be for the ADM facility that shares the yard there. They use steam by piping it into the tank cars to heat up the corn syrup so that it flows out easier.

Shorthaul
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Shorthaul »

Avnx wrote:
JUST AARON wrote:They have been doing some pipe work in hinman. Steam or something.
The pipes would most likely be for the ADM facility that shares the yard there. They use steam by piping it into the tank cars to heat up the corn syrup so that it flows out easier.
I doubt that the rail train/ballast was for pipe work. The rail was probably for a spot curve replacement or something of that sort