More TC traffic is coming

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

More TC traffic is coming

Unread post by MIGN-Todd »

Went and did a pick up (the norm) at Amerhart in Williamsburg today and got to talking about rail traffic. Their yard still only has a fraction of what it usually had when it was Norpac. G. told me that they are expecting quite a bit more railcars in with one very soon. I guess GLC upped the rate a bit but, that is to be expected with them as the only reciever. Amerhart isn't going anywhere so hopefully this section of line will remain in use for some time. (I go away to Iraq for a year and the rail service stopped- I come back, it starts up again-who wants to hire me? :mrgreen: )
U.S.Army Retired- under new management (see wife)

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: More TC traffic is coming

Unread post by AARR »

MIGN-Todd wrote:I guess GLC upped the rate a bit but, that is to be expected with them as the only reciever.
Interesting news...wouldn't you say TC John :wink:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

That is what I was told. GLC raised the price a tad. Don't know how much nor was I gonna ask. To be honest- I wouldn't have the foggiest what any railroad charged per carload.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MIGN-Todd wrote:That is what I was told. GLC raised the price a tad. Don't know how much nor was I gonna ask. To be honest- I wouldn't have the foggiest what any railroad charged per carload.
There was speculation this would happen so your news isn't a surprise to me...but it may be to TC John :P
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rick in TC »

Good to hear, Todd. And AARR, we (or I) must be missing something with your smart arse references to "TC John'"? I know him from the GT Dinner Train....

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Rick in TC wrote:Good to hear, Todd. And AARR, we (or I) must be missing something with your smart arse references to "TC John'"? I know him from the GT Dinner Train....
Chill Rick, I'm joking with TC John. I posted there was going to be a surcharge on traffic to TC and TC John tried to find documentation confirming it but couldn't so he called me out. Even though I knew I was correct I didn't respond and allowed him the last word because I couldn't reveal where I heard it. But, since the guy at the lumber yard let the cat out of the bag I can gloat in a friendly and humorous way with TC John. Now I owned both of you and from here on out you may both refer to me as "your daddy" :P :lol:

jwilliam33
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jwilliam33 »

Well, Don if that's the case and is what you really want to be called.....does that mean they can ask their Daddy for an allowance, a ride to the ice cream shop and a new train set for Christmas? You may have set yourself up for some pretty pricey child support there!! :D

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

jwilliam33 wrote:Well, Don if that's the case and is what you really want to be called.....does that mean they can ask their Daddy for an allowance, a ride to the ice cream shop and a new train set for Christmas? You may have set yourself up for some pretty pricey child support there!! :D
I'm a cheap daddy :lol:

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

I already hit his wallet while you two were having at each other....... just like me..... his wallets empty, remember he's married. :cry:

TC John
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC John »

Last edited by TC John on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

That's a nice sized train for this neck of the woods. Good bet those three lumber cars are heading up here to TC.

C&O6088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by C&O6088 »

Was in TC for work today. Tracks looked shiny by the Depot as I grabbed my coffee. Also, noticed the boxcars and old hoppers on the west side of Boardman Lake on the double track by the wye. Saw the Sara Lee plant I've heard so much about on the board about being a great possible rail customer....pretty big factory, it's a shame they can see any bulk/commodity advantage for RR vs truck on some of their raw material needs.

C&O

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

AARR wrote:I'm a cheap daddy :lol:
Which parent was that ? 8)
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

C&O6088 wrote:Saw the Sara Lee plant I've heard so much about on the board about being a great possible rail customer....pretty big factory, it's a shame they can see any bulk/commodity advantage for RR vs truck on some of their raw material needs.

C&O
I know what you mean. There are a number of large companies that handle large volumes of bulk commodities who don't use rail service and I'm astounded that even by accident they don't use railroads for something. I know the shortlines go hard after new business but in MI the 70 ton truck payload takes away a big advantage railroads would otherwise have. And being were surrounded by deep lakes takes away another railroad advantage.