Speeders Club In johntown,MI/ Angola IN?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Speeders Club In johntown,MI/ Angola IN?

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

traveling down michigan Ave on sunday the 22 when We get stopped by a " train " IN the city of Johnstown/ville. as most do I am expecting to see a geep or SD's ( the line was the michigan southern I believe). But across the tracks rolls a speeder, then aanother and another. there must have been at least 30 speeders! presumabley privatley owned. Some even had horns as well. Anayway I continue down to angola indiana and low and behold, I am stopped by them again. the same group. on a dirrerent railroad.

Does anaybody know who ar what those guys are? Because owning a speeder seems like a pretty good Idea to Me.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Speeders Club In johntown,MI/ Angola IN?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Here be them: http://www.narcoa.org/excursions/excursions.html

2nd post down: August 20-22, 2010 - IN/MI posted 12/31 update 07/02 FULL - Wait List

Indiana Northeastern Railroad

Great Lakes Railcars, Inc., is pleased to announce a 2-day motor car excursion on the Indiana Northeastern Railroad in northeast Indiana and southeast Michigan on Saturday & Sunday, August 21 & 22, 2010. The trip will start in Ashley, IN (set-on Friday evening) and run east/west, then north to Coldwater, MI for an overnight stay, with return to Ashley early afternoon on Sunday. The entire trip will cover approximately 150 miles. The excursion fee of $250.00 includes the railroad fee, overnight accommodations in Coldwater, MI (Sat., August 21, 2010), gratuities, and other miscellaneous excursion costs. Registration materials, complete details, itinerary, and maps will be sent upon receipt of the excursion fee. This is a NARCOA insured excursion and NARCOA rules apply. There is a 35 car limit. To register, send a check for $250.00 (Payable to Great Lakes Railcars) to Michael P. Ford, 7712 Carpenter Court, Plainfield, IN 46168-8035. For questions or further information, contact Mike at (317) 839-9320 or via e-mail (mford@indy.rr.com).
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

We occasionaly have speeder meets on the Southern Michigan Railroad. What many don't know is Narcoaa was founded after a meet on the SMRS back in the 1980s.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

railroadchoad
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroadchoad »

You were probably in JONESVILLE, Michigan and the tracks would then have been those of the Indiana Northeastern Railroad.

The people I know at the Indiana Northeastern would have been insulted if they knew you confused them with the Michigan Southern (Pioneer Rail Corpse). :D
Lookin' and smellin' darn GOOD!

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

They're a fairly active group, we host a speeder meet at the C&M every July.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

I saw one in Lakeview on the back of a truck on Sunday while pulling into McDonalds. I had to do a double take the second it caught my eye. Orange speeder with a 5 chime... Was really cool to see.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.