GLC today

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Josh
Railroadfan...fan

GLC today

Unread post by Josh »

Headed down to Owosso this morning with hopes of catching the petoskey trip leaving. I arived at Owosso at 8:45 and saw GMTX 2675 with 391, 393, 394 and 392 siting by the shops with the train. They left a few minutes after 9:00 with 9 coaches. Drove next up to Ashley just before the headlight came into sight, the train stoped before the middelton branch to uncouple the first 4 units which then continued onto the midelton branch and the petoskey train headed north with only one unit 392. Decided to follow the tracks down to 127 and catch the light power instead of imedeatly continuing chasing the passenger train, since i had never seen any action on this line i decided to get some shots. Caught the passenger train two more times in Mt plesant and Clare then had to head home.

mikewashenko
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC today

Unread post by mikewashenko »

If you have any pictures of the passenger train how about uploading them to the Bluewater Michigan Facebook page.

Larry G
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Larry G »

Please post the Middleton Branch photos and any switching move at Ashley if you can.
Thanks
"If I Harp at you, it is only to Spur you on!

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Came by the ethanol plant sidings today at Ithica, along127. They had a bunch of covered hoppers stored there.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

hoborich wrote:Came by the ethanol plant sidings today at Ithica, along127. They had a bunch of covered hoppers stored there.
They were there in Mid August when I went by...
Semi-retired railroader

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Heard a rumor that they may start loading logs again in Manton
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rick in TC »

Power poles in Manton.