Jackson-Lansing Railroad

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Re: Jackson-Lansing Railroad

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

CharlieX90 wrote:L64 just brought two Adrian and Blissfield GP9's into Oakwood....

Hmm ok. ill keep a look out here in the mi line for these units. B44 already went WB today so maybe they wait at wayne or something till tomorrow? would they run a power move just for these units? interesting.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

The units are currently at the Diesel shop at Oakwood

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

JANGAJONGA wrote:
CharlieX90 wrote:L64 just brought two Adrian and Blissfield GP9's into Oakwood....

Hmm ok. ill keep a look out here in the mi line for these units. B44 already went WB today so maybe they wait at wayne or something till tomorrow? would they run a power move just for these units? interesting.
Janga, I can't promise that I will try catching them with my camera at New Center or Argo Pond deck on Bandemser Park, cross fingers. :|
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

OwlCaboose2853 wrote:
JANGAJONGA wrote:

Janga, I can't promise that I will try catching them with my camera at New Center or Argo Pond deck on Bandemser Park, cross fingers. :|
Ok. If they come by tonight i will try to post ahead enough to give you some heads up.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

1) How does the letter I fit into Jackson and Lansing Railroad. JAIL?
JA= Jackson
I=Into
L= Lansing
That's too funny that we're tracking the ADBF GP9's movements. The people from ADBF monitor this board and could easily just tell us what the game plan is so they apparently don't really want us to know. Yet, we can legally watch movements of their equipment and speculate what's happening. In fact, it's probably better they don't say anything because speculating is usually more creative and fun than what actually happens on prototype railroading anyway :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

JA (german say, yes) - Jackson
I - Illusionary; something that deceives the senses or mind, e.g. by appearing to exist when it does not or appearing to be one thing when it is in fact another...
L - Lansing
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

Let me guess, 1758 and 1760? They were both in front of the engine house when I drove though Monday and gone by noon when I went by today(Tuesday).

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

NS B-56 had 2 ADBF engines when it lrft Detroit this evening.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

I saw a B90 at Ypsi with those A&B units heading west this morning on 354, probably in Jackson by now......

GTWRalph
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWRalph »

Two Adrian and Blissfield GP9's # 1758 and # 1760 just came through Mason at 0745 northbound. Took a photo with my cell phone camera but came out blurry.

PriorrightsConrail
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PriorrightsConrail »

I will do my best to keep my opinions on the whole JAIL/A&B thing to myself, but it may prove to be difficult. :evil:

tyler_phillips
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tyler_phillips »

PriorrightsConrail wrote:I will do my best to keep my opinions on the whole JAIL/A&B thing to myself, but it may prove to be difficult. :evil:
What is wrong with a new shortline coming to Michigan??

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Because PriorRightsConrail has the unique perspective of a Class 1 employee who used to work on this line......

CamasChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CamasChris »

I dont think the Class 1 guys have anything to gripe about. NS and the unions allowed the line to be sold, the A&B is just in the right spot at the right time.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Careful Camas, I can tell you that the unions did not want this to happen....

tyler_phillips
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tyler_phillips »

Buster Manning wrote:Careful Camas, I can tell you that the unions did not want this to happen....
Maybe not, but NS still made the line available. Like Camas Chris said, A&B was in the right place at the right time. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff, but I highly, highly doubt A&B just "took the line over" from NS... If someone should be upset with anyone, it seems more sensible to be upset with NS for selling the line in the first place.

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

Last edited by Clay320 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

Why didn't the Union guys form a company and bid on the operating lease themselfs? I take it that it is better to rip up the railroad instead of having a shortline run the thing and have the Union organize the workers.

Lets face it, there is not really enough business for a Class 1 to run this line however a shortline can make a go of it and maybe generate some business. Maybe it will get big enough that the NS will take it back as the BNSF did in Chicago.

M&LS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M&LS »

Not trying to stir things up, but this is a rail fan site, maybe a new thread for union matters would be good?
What's done is done, and I for one would like to focus on the positives here!
For the communities of Jackson, Leslie, Mason, Holt, and Lansing a local (MI) business is good. I do however understand for the NS guys this may suck.
But please don't rain on our parade.

GTWFRED
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWFRED »

M&LS wrote:For the communities of Jackson, Leslie, Mason, Holt, and Lansing a local (MI) business is good. I do however understand for the NS guys this may suck.
But please don't rain on our parade.
Couldn't agree more, it'll be refreshing having a hungry shortline in town!