F.Y.I., G.L.C. in T.C. today

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

F.Y.I., G.L.C. in T.C. today

Unread post by MIGN-Todd »

GLC came into town today with the battered blue and yellow holdout pulling two centerbeams ( TTTX and BNSF). Caught them along Keystone and watched them transit the tunnel which if I had my darn camera with me and the battery not on the charger, would have made an awesome picture. Sorry guys, I screwed the pooch on that one. Paced them at a blistering 15mph for a minute but had to go back to work. Don't know if they waited for them to unload at Amerhart or not as that was the last I saw of them.
U.S.Army Retired- under new management (see wife)

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Re: F.Y.I., G.L.C. in T.C. today

Unread post by Rick in TC »

Amerihart does seem to get quite a few loads in per week. They brought 2 up Monday also. Not sure if Tues or Wed.

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

saw them leaving town today with two empty center beams.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah, I was back at Amerhart today and the yard guys said they did a turn around. Yard was in total disarray. Bunks of lumber everywhere. It appears it was a rush job. Amerhart's business is picking up now. Quite a bit of product coming in means alot going out too.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I'd love to know the reason NorPac couldn't make it when Amerhart seems to be going like in the days whenb SSS operated the yard :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

Well Don, as for their employees- they told me that Amerhart is a family owned company and treat their workers really well. Their products are pretty much the same but may have better purchasing agents and can get more deals. I know NorPac used to carry Paralam beams that are a necessity in building these days but we had to return ALOT of them due to quality control problems. I can't really see much difference between the companies yet but if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to ask a couple of them to see what maybe they know about the three and what was the past two's downfalls.

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

If you read their web site, they only locate on rail lines, and in fact build anew location in WI that was on a rail line, but needed a long spur to their place (like the Gaylord scrap place). They seem very dedicated to rail. So that's good for us- I mean for GLC.

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

If you read their web site, they only locate on rail lines, and in fact build anew location in WI that was on a rail line, but needed a long spur to their place (like the Gaylord scrap place). They seem very dedicated to rail. So that's good for us- I mean for GLC.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MIGN-Todd wrote:Well Don, as for their employees- they told me that Amerhart is a family owned company and treat their workers really well. Their products are pretty much the same but may have better purchasing agents and can get more deals. I know NorPac used to carry Paralam beams that are a necessity in building these days but we had to return ALOT of them due to quality control problems. I can't really see much difference between the companies yet but if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to ask a couple of them to see what maybe they know about the three and what was the past two's downfalls.
If they're treating their employees well and their quality is better than NorPac that explains a lot :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...