Amtrak P371-07 Headsup

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Amtrak P371-07 Headsup

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

They didn't use the wye last night so will have to back down to the station this morning. Should be fun for the conductor on the rear, very cold and slippery roads as well :(

donnieland
Owner of Donnieland's Outpost

p370 last night

Unread post by donnieland »

p370 had to use the west wye due to a car stuck on the tracks at a street
crossing at pleasant st, per rn to p370 during the holland stop
the car was on the tracks at grant and buchanan ave.
don baxter

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

P371 was running quite a bit behind schedule this morning.. as of around 8:35, they were just crossing Plaster Creek. Heard them still chatting with East Tower in Wyoming Yard as of 8:50am...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railroadfan wrote:P371 was running quite a bit behind schedule this morning.. as of around 8:35, they were just crossing Plaster Creek. Heard them still chatting with East Tower in Wyoming Yard as of 8:50am...
I'd be pissed if I were a customer riding to Chicago today.

54 minutes late to Holland according to Julie.

You know, they could always use the Y over Monroe St to turn the train around.

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

As far as the wye over monroe, I believe it to be too tight for the 85' Equipment.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

amtrak1007 wrote:As far as the wye over monroe, I believe it to be too tight for the 85' Equipment.
Really? I'd still love to see that, though. The locals would probably be freaked out. :lol:

A shot of the Amtrak coming across the Gd. River trestle there would be SO cool, too.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

J T wrote:
amtrak1007 wrote:As far as the wye over monroe, I believe it to be too tight for the 85' Equipment.
Really? I'd still love to see that, though. The locals would probably be freaked out. :lol:

A shot of the Amtrak coming across the Gd. River trestle there would be SO cool, too.
I know that Amtrak parks each night on the interchange between CSX and GRE.. is this one particular track owned by CSX? If it is, then it makes sense that Amtrak wouldn't be able to run on GRE over to Monroe if they didn't have trackage rights.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railroadfan wrote: I know that Amtrak parks each night on the interchange between CSX and GRE.. is this one particular track owned by CSX? If it is, then it makes sense that Amtrak wouldn't be able to run on GRE over to Monroe if they didn't have trackage rights.
Well, they could always politely ask. :wink:

Or how about this..."We'll give you a free ride to Chicago and back if you let us use your Wye!" :lol:

amtrak1007

railroadfan wrote: I know that Amtrak parks each night on the interchange between CSX and GRE.. is this one particular track owned by CSX? If it is, then it makes sense that Amtrak wouldn't be able to run on GRE over to Monroe if they didn't have trackage rights.
NS owns the track from a 1980's(?) track realignment agreement, they own all tracks west of the former Baldwin sub division, and CSX to the east. CSX has a trackage agreement to use that track for interchange with the GRE.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

The closest track to Ann is NS interchange, the southern one CSX (NS ownership). The NS interchange track is used for Amtrak. Technically, they "park" west of the ownership line so the trainset overnights on the MMRR(GRE). The MMRR is repsonsible for cleaning and the outbound air test. When Amtrak first moved to the MMRR (GRE), the trainset was parked on the siding next to the present Padnos building. It was out of the way for the MMRR (GRE) second shift crew which switched the GR customers and set up the EB 1st shift train. NS had a hissy fit and took the siding out of service so the train ended up parking where it does today.

amtrak1007

The NS throw a fit? NEVER! LOL, does make easy for us to add/take off the PV!