SBS on the ground in Essexville

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
cmgnnut
Railroadfan...fan

Re: SBS on the ground in Essexville

Unread post by cmgnnut »

Yes they get ships during the season and it's on 1000 footers quite the site to see when the come in to the plant

Justin
Train Videoholic

Unread post by Justin »

cmgnnut wrote:Yes they get ships during the season and it's on 1000 footers quite the site to see when the come in to the plant
It sure is, I got to watch one do this last May from across the river.
My train pictures can now be found at:
http://trainman86.rrpicturearchives.net

And my train videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/trainman1986

My website, dedicated to my layout, "The Fast Lane" (still under construction)
www.trainman86.webs.com

Turbo1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Turbo1 »

AARR wrote:
GTW6401 wrote:Consumers also has options in Essexville, because they can shift the contracts to HESR/CN instead of using both SBS and HESR. If that were to happen only the limited amount of eastern coal trains would come via SBS.
Can they receive ships?

Yup, coal is received by ship all the time during the shipping season.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Interesting how some things never seem to change. In a Sampling of Penn Central it mentions the Essexville coal trains way back in the Penn Central days and the poor track conditions on the Bay City branch. During that time period of 1970 there was 2 sets of Peabody Coal coal gons loading in southeast Ohio for the Essexville power plant.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Interesting how some things never seem to change. In a Sampling of Penn Central it mentions the Essexville coal trains way back in the Penn Central days and the poor track conditions on the Bay City branch. During that time period of 1970 there was 2 sets of Peabody Coal coal gons loading in southeast Ohio for the Essexville power plant.
During the early to mid 1970's, these coal train used AA trackage rights from Toledo to Owosso. In Owosso, they would pick up PC track on the Saginaw Secondary for the remainder of the trip to Saginaw, Bay City, then Essexville. These trackage rights on AA beat the devil out of AA's tracks during a time when DT&I owned AA and was putting little to no money into upkeep. Bob M has documented almost every single coal train on AA and has engine numbers, number of cars, and cabooses.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

Here is the MERC shipping schedule. Essexville will show up on the schedule after the majority of the ice is out of Saginaw Bay. There is also a link to this on Boatnerd.com on Vessel Passage tab.
http://www.midwestenergy.com/terminal_activity.php