Railroading On Tuesday

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainWatcher
The Beast

Railroading On Tuesday

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Caught AC4400CW Pair #20 and #430 on a westbound manifest on Track 2.

Got a couple of questions though.

Where does NOKL, NAHX, SLGG operate? These were on the sides of a few cars. Had never seen these companies before.

Also, Caught a Maine, Central and Atlantic Boxcar. Newer 50 footer.

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

NOKL-While at one time it meant Northwetern Oklahoma, today the NOKL mark is registered to First Union Rail Corporation. They also own the FURX mark.

NAHX-GE Railcar Services

SLGG-Registered to Progess Rail Services Corporation

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

I had an awesome morning in Durand on Tuesday. I will get a trip report tomorrow, as I just got home from a round trip to Cadillac about 11 pm.

Saw several CN, the WB Blue Water, a NB GLC, and inbound/outbound HESR jobs for Midland. Upon my way to Cadillac, I got a good shot of a SB GLC at M-46 in Alma, then got a shot of GLC 394 at the west end of Selma Yard in Cadillac on the way out of town.

The yard in Durand was stuffed to the brim. Down the west side, CN is storing centerbeam cars. Down the east side, there are three seperate strings of coal gons that have all been in place for a while. There are more centerbeams north of 69. There were also two seperate multi car strings of intermodal flats, one of whice was set out for air pressure problems while I was there.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Ok, now all I need to do is Get the train symbols down, and I will really be cookin! :lol:

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Me as well. I am horrible about getting those symbols down.

GTW 4914
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW 4914 »

Hello RAILFAN JAMES I think the NA in NAHX stands for north american. And SLGG stands for sidney and lowe glovers group. A railroad in nebraska.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

yes, NAHX is North American Hopper company, although I belive they may have been bought out by GE leasing.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Ok, those lease initials on the sides just got me. I had never seen those marks before.... Hoping to get out maybe more next week.

By the way: Anyone interested in a spike?? C&O from the 50's. I found 7-8 of them. Will sell em if ya want one!