Our younger members

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Our younger members

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
tlapteditor wrote:I like to post videos on here, so what? I'm not spamming. I don't take pictures like some older members here do. Posting my videos is just a form of sharing my Railfan experience.
I enjoy video's, in particular of short lines, and also I am one of those rare people who enjoy seeing the whole train (excluding unit trains). Please keep posting. Thanks.
Do you want the full video of that 189-car Z151 crossing Fuller Diamond.......only took 12 minutes :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT3001 wrote:
AARR wrote:
tlapteditor wrote:I like to post videos on here, so what? I'm not spamming. I don't take pictures like some older members here do. Posting my videos is just a form of sharing my Railfan experience.
I enjoy video's, in particular of short lines, and also I am one of those rare people who enjoy seeing the whole train (excluding unit trains). Please keep posting. Thanks.
Do you want the full video of that 189-car Z151 crossing Fuller Diamond.......only took 12 minutes :lol:
Is that the MQT road freight? I believe 60something of the cars were for MAC at Newaygo but I am not sure about the rest so ansolutely, yes, I would love to see it :!:

Edit - Lets see that bad boy MQT :D
Last edited by AARR on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:Is that the MQT road freight? I believe 60something of the cars were for MAC at Newaygo but I am not sure about the rest so ansolutely, yes, I would love to see it :!:
My edited video featres the train 3 times, at Fuller Diamond, 9 Mile Rd, and Grant. I show the whole train ONLY in Grant because of its speed at that point. otherwise, it'd be a 20-minute long video...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

And I know plenty of information................thank you very much! :evil:
Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

JANGAJONGA wrote:Does anyone know when B34 runs?!?!?!?!
B34 Runs East out of Battle Creek from Hinman Yard Usually 5 Days a week. They Depart East Just after AMTK 351 Clears the corridor. They Usually are Back from Jackson in the afternoon. Time all depends on work in Jackson.

If Amtk 351 is running on time B34 usually leaves Hinman at about 09:45 /10:00 or so.
Mark it Zero.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

^He was being facetious.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote:
You want to see bad boy MQT? :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
AARR wrote:
You want to see bad boy MQT? :lol:
I would comment how much trouble can a 13 year old get into while railfanning but the way railroad officers are going after terrorists/railfans I guess the answer is a lot :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I would comment how much trouble can a 13 year old get into while railfanning but the way railroad officers are going after terrorists/railfans I guess the answer is a lot
Now you did it! Typhoon and Pat C are going to get you for that comment. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

hoborich wrote:
I would comment how much trouble can a 13 year old get into while railfanning but the way railroad officers are going after terrorists/railfans I guess the answer is a lot
This should be fun to watch :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

hobojim wrote:
hoborich wrote:
This should be fun to watch :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I respect the opinions of typhoon and Pat C. Whenever I see their posts I always make sure to read them. typhoon privides me insites and understandings from an inside perspective. Pat C, in his serious moments, shows some good old fashion common sense and backs it up with supporting documentation. I have also had some railroad insiders privately send me information to help me understand why they do what they do and I appreciate it.

However, too often policies presume guilt (in otherwords we are a criminal) until proven innocent (we are stopped, id'd, questioned) while doing nothing wrong. We should not be questioned if we are on public property or on a public road watching trains. Or Lord forbid you are 20 or 30 or 40' from the ROW rather than 50'-1", or sitting at an Amtrak station railfanning. So, yes, I do respectfully disagree with "some" of the current tactics being used by the law enforcement officers.

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

hoborich wrote:
As long as AAAR doesn't post something stupid about calling the ACLU and the Detroit media, and then not doing it,he will get a pass from me. :lol:

CSXIndyLine
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXIndyLine »

AARR wrote:
AARR.....I commend you for all your positive comments and constructive critiscism!

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

AARR wrote:
I respect the opinions of typhoon and Pat C. Whenever I see their posts I always make sure to read them. typhoon privides me insites and understandings from an inside perspective. Pat C, in his serious moments, shows some good old fashion common sense and backs it up with supporting documentation. I have also had some railroad insiders privately send me information to help me understand why they do what they do and I appreciate it.
Well, you certainly slithered out of that smoothly. Have you considered the diplomatic corp? :lol:
Typhoon wrote:
As long as AAAR doesn't post something stupid about calling the ACLU and the Detroit media, and then not doing it,he will get a pass from me.
As the politicians say, "All options are on the table......cough......snort. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".