AA in AA

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

AA in AA

Unread post by chapmaja »

Yesterday while driving home from Saline I decided to drive through downtown AA. While on Main St I witnessed grain hopper crossing the road ahead of me. After a quick you turn I managed to get down by Crisler Center and the former Stadium Blvd bridge. The AA was coming through Ferry Yard. The train was 2370, 2368 and 1337 headed SB. I counted the first 24 or so cars, decided to get out of the car and take some pictures then counted 50 plus cars after I got back into the car. All of the cars were CSX system grain hoppers including a B&O and several ex-Family lines cars.

I would say that train was at least 100 cars long. I would not be shocked if that was a paid of 64 car trains together for a 128 car train. It easily reached way through Ferry Yard. I'm sure the people of AA were not happy when this came through just after 3pm.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: AA in AA

Unread post by AARR »

chapmaja wrote:I'm sure the people of AA were not happy when this came through just after 3pm.
The locals love their passenger trains but freight trains are like totally toxic to the environment and stuff :lol:

I have heard that GLC will start shipping 90 car blocks of grain from Middleton and perhaps Oakley too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

HSO 1307
Railroadfan...fan

Re: AA in AA

Unread post by HSO 1307 »

90 car blocks for Middleton and Oakley are the normal now,65 car trains show up also.Middleton has even loaded some 75car NS unit trains this year.Middleton has been getting lots Liguid fertalizer cars this spring and hoppers of dry fertilzer as well.Middleton shipped a 90car unit this week,and farmers have been hauling corn in all this week to MAC.Same has been going on in Oakley this week also.