NS office car special

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Ok one more, this made it on the Big site.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Also got word 951's crew called out for 5:00 am From Toledo, arrive Elkhart 8:00 am then on to Chicago.
Good luck anyone chasing them.
Stay safe.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Interesting why they cut out holes in the new body for the ditches, instead of keeping them on the outside was the were when they were bought.

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Scott did you happen to notice if they still had 567's in them with 2 stacks?
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

Train was by the Hammond-Whiting station at 10:36am central time. For those of you who don't know where that is, it about a mile from the Illinois state line.
Also, one of NS's corporate jets has been sitting at Midway Airport since yesterday, presumably to get some of the shippers riding the train home faster. It has a departure slot this afternoon.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

What? Now here is a thing I do not get. Why have a Corporate Jet when you have the only pair of ABBA F Units on your OCS train? Where in the hell does that make any sence? And not to mention you are running one of the Major Class 1 Railroads!!! Thats just a double negative right there!

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

And here's one of my pictures from yesterday

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

anyone get some video of this train??

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

patrick wrote:anyone get some video of this train??
Scott did

JustinB
Railroadfan...fan

MSTS NS Bussiness Train REROUTED via CSX Through Michigan

Unread post by JustinB »

You wanted it you got it

NS business Train REROUTED via CSX Through Michigan ;)

Came through plymouth michigan westbound around 6am rerouted due to a derailment at butler, rerouted via ns through toledo - detroit made a crewchange at rougemere and proceeded through michigan

More photos at this link: http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/thum ... p?album=56

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

per train orders it is already headed east.

Train was by Mishawaka EASTbound at 554pm. Called at Elkhart as 952 to continue east tonight at 645pm. Don't know if this is a deadhead move or not; would assume so.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

from a video I found on youtube, they sound like they have 645's in them from maybe GP38's.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

I got a video will try postig it later

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Come up to the dispatching office....

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

And you'll fast hate office car specials. I was working pittsburgh west (Alliance to Fort Wayne plus others) yesterday morning when it came through. The poor girl working cleveland line (Rochester to Alliance, OH) had our STO behind her the entire time that OCS was rolling along. Kind of neat watching it being weaved in and out of traffic, though.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Video

http://www.dailymotion.com/scooterb/video/3479898

WKUHL they let nothing move at Toledo/Vickers held a southbound CSX train for an hour nothing on the NS during that time either.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

The shippers saw what they needed to see, why not get them back home on the jet? What benefit would there be to making a round trip on the train? That's just wasted time. Personally, I had an opportunity to get a ride on one the corporate jets that my employer had at the time (with my employer in re-organization the fleet no longer exists). There is no better way to travel for business! We had a meeting with Volvo Truck at Hagerstown Maryland, and with the corporate jet we were able to fly direct from Toledo (can't do that on commercial!) and make it there, conduct the meeting and return in 1/2 a day - eliminating all the "dead time" that other modes have.
Railfan James wrote:What? Now here is a thing I do not get. Why have a Corporate Jet when you have the only pair of ABBA F Units on your OCS train? Where in the hell does that make any sence? And not to mention you are running one of the Major Class 1 Railroads!!! Thats just a double negative right there!

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

That doesn't surprise me at all that they shut down vickers an hour ahead of time. That train is hot. When I walked in the door at 6, the STO was already there making plans for what was going to be held, etc. One three car train, had not a thing ahead of it.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

Doesn't that figure. Here's a train that doesn't produce a nickel's worth of revenue holding up trains that do. That's the NS way!
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

I belive that the "A" units have 645's in them...but all heve "-2" electronics..any one else know better??
Dave C

TrainWatcher
The Beast

6am Justin! Man, Must have heard her. The horn that I did not recognize must have been her! !@#$ I am only .25 miles from that line too!

Would hav been awesome to see her pound the Diamond! Now why did they re-route her through CSX TOldeo and Detroit Div.? Besides Amtrak Wolverine (I forget the number), NS Michigan should have been empty.