Trespasser caught on camera!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Trespasser caught on camera!

Unread post by Clay320 »

Trespasser in Durand today. With all those trains that were running through there today he's lucky CN didn't catch him!

:roll: :twisted:

Brakey
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Trespasser caught on camera!

Unread post by Brakey »

So you are a trespasser only when there are people around?

So, if someone comes onto your property while you aren't home, that makes it okay?

Gotcha. :roll:

Cinderpath
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Cinderpath »

To be honest, who really cares? I could care less if people trespass on RR property-

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Why does that suspiciously look like David McDougall? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Brakey wrote:So you are a trespasser only when there are people around?

So, if someone comes onto your property while you aren't home, that makes it okay?

Gotcha. :roll:
I believe Clay was being facetious with his post. Just a hunch. :)
Cinderpath wrote:To be honest, who really cares? I could care less if people trespass on RR property-
You COULD care less? So you're saying you have SOME level of care? :wink:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

The CN police be disciplined to the extent possible for letting a pedestrian cross the tracks! :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

The Durand natives are the worst offenders. They cross the tracks as a shortcut to town.
Norm

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Norm wrote:They cross the tracks as a shortcut to town.
That's like every town with railroad tracks.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

If someone trespasses and no one sees it...was that trespassing? :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

tadman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tadman »

Slow morning guys? Crossing the tracks like that is an everyday occurrence in most places, big or small. Yeah, it's technically trespassing, but most people treat it like a street - look both ways and go. Would you really walk a mile in the wrong direction just to find a gated crossing? And given that railroad police aren't overstaffed, they're probably a bit more busy with theft of materials or the like.

If you want a good read, Trains Mag published an article about C&NW police in Chicago, maybe 1990 or so.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

tadman wrote:Crossing the tracks like that is an everyday occurrence in most places, big or small. Yeah, it's technically trespassing, but most people treat it like a street - look both ways and go. Would you really walk a mile in the wrong direction just to find a gated crossing? And given that railroad police aren't overstaffed, they're probably a bit more busy with theft of materials or the like.
Too some railroad police walking across the tracks is a horrendous offense and they will threaten the person with the most severe punishment possible including jail time. Think I am kidding? Read those same Trains Mag articles and some of the stories posted on these very boards.

Its not just happening to railfans either. MSN recently had an article about other photographers who are being harrassed by police officers for taking pictures of everthing from buildings to people (including the police officers themselves).
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Can we not turn this board into Mich RR's board where them people or one person in GR posts a photo every time they see a person on the tracks. We are interested in trains not people last time I checked.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

Ok before a full on riot breaks out over this..

The person in question is part of an inside joke of sorts, it has nothing to do with trespassing. If you weren't in Durand Saturday and/or don't know the name David McDougall and his relation to RRfan then your not going to get it.

TW, AARR, and JT got it I see but thats about it.
I believe Clay was being facetious with his post. Just a hunch. :)

soolinegp38
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by soolinegp38 »

I've seen worse, people will walk across the diamond there without a care in the world. It's so stupid...
Look, Listen, Live. Always.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

soolinegp38 wrote:I've seen worse, people will walk across the diamond there without a care in the world. It's so stupid...
Why is it "so stupid"? No different than "Jay Walking", you take your chances doing both, and both are ticket-able offenses.

Practice Safe CSX

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Standing on a street corner with traffic whizzing by just a few feet away is stupid, too, but millions of people do it every day without even thinking about the danger of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

How about driving a 4000 pound automobile at 60 mph less than 10 feet away from someone else doing the same thing in the opposite direction? Pure insanity. Oh wait, thats called a two lane highway. :D

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Norm wrote:The Durand natives are the worst offenders. They cross the tracks as a shortcut to town.
I left Durand on Sunday and was in Grand Ledge for a little while. There were people out on the Grand River Bridge fishing, and another couple having their wedding photo taken on the tracks.

In St. Joseph now, there's a cop on foot patrol around the fountain area, and doesn't even care when people cross the tracks from the parking lot near the fountain to get to the depot restaurant instead of walking down the sidewalk to the road crossing, which is taking the long way.
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

I was once called down by a CN cop at Durand for taking a peek to see if the Flint local was coming back. He didn't give me a ticket when I told him I'd been a railfan ever since steam was the only power. They are not all bad.
Norm

GreatLakesTrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesTrains »

Personal opinion, If people trespass on railroad property and get hit, that's their fault. Its like trying to walk across an expressway. You know your putting yourself in danger.