Flint Windmill Train

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Flint Windmill Train

Unread post by AARR »

I am curious if LSRC will take it to its final destination or if it will hand it off to HESR in Saginaw :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TomCat4680 »

Doktor No wrote:Got one coming out of Proviso for Flint LSRC via GRP in the next 12 hours or so. Have a crew in Chitown to get it I see. If I can I'll keep info posted as I get it.
Thanks for the info. Any updates? I was just out and heard a horn from the south, but it didn't go thru town. Whatever it was it must have stopped at McGrew, but I didn't have my scanner with me or drive down there to see.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

TomCat4680 wrote:
Doktor No wrote:Got one coming out of Proviso for Flint LSRC via GRP in the next 12 hours or so. Have a crew in Chitown to get it I see. If I can I'll keep info posted as I get it.
Thanks for the info. Any updates? I was just out and heard a horn from the south, but it didn't go thru town. Whatever it was it must have stopped at McGrew, but I didn't have my scanner with me or drive down there to see.
I can almost garuntee you that that Windmill train Isn't anywhere near you. In Fact, it's probably still in Chicagoland. They've been taking up to 12 hours to get to Michigan........
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TomCat4680 »

MQT3001 wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:
I can almost garuntee you that that Windmill train Isn't anywhere near you. In Fact, it's probably still in Chicagoland. They've been taking up to 12 hours to get to Michigan........
Any updates yet guys? What's its number at least? I'd appreciate any info, I've never seen one of these famous "windmill trains". I thought they were just the Holland local before. :lol:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

K238 is into Grand Rapids now, crew on duty to take it east. See this CSX Update thread for more information:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24928
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

Just an update this train was sitting in Saginaw yard at 7:15 this morning lined up for the Bad Axe sub. HESR had four units sitting at Towerline rd. being 9712/5492/3838/and 8804 not sure if it went out today or maybe tommrow but I'll be heading in to work at 2pm and will swing by if it's still there I'll update....On topic the Gilford wind farm is progessing nicely with bases being poured. NextEra expects the first turbines by Sept. 68 in Tuscola and maybe 7 in Blumfeild.

JDavis21835
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JDavis21835 »

HESR has this train now, looks like they are shut down between Towerline and Airport Rd. 3838 Is the power, and they are tied down at the Airport road crossing.

Paul W
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Paul W »

Caught this train in Reese on the HESR. Have a look.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cy6kED ... ture=g-upl