CP on CN Flint Sub?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

CP on CN Flint Sub?

Unread post by TomCat4680 »

Does CP still run on the CN Flint Sub? I used to see 2 CP trains (M534 and M535 IIRC) go through Durand really late at night (like around 3 AM) but haven't seen/heard them in a few years.
Last edited by TomCat4680 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CP on CN Flint Sub?

Unread post by GP9R »

They've been gone for a few years

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

GP9R wrote:They've been gone for a few years
Well that sucks :(

bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsfben »

They are now running on the Wabash down to the NS Chicago line. I wish these trains used to run through Durand. In about 2000 or 2001 I remember always counting on atleast 3 trains. Amtrak Eastbound, Amtrak Westbound and the westbound CP train. They always used to fly through Durand.

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

bnsfben wrote:They are now running on the Wabash down to the NS Chicago line. I wish these trains used to run through Durand. In about 2000 or 2001 I remember always counting on atleast 3 trains. Amtrak Eastbound, Amtrak Westbound and the westbound CP train. They always used to fly through Durand.
What are you talking about? P364 and P365 stop at Durand once a day (were there more than that you mean????)

Also I'm pretty sure there was 2 CP trains a night (H534 and H535), I went there every night for a like a month straight in the summer of 2001.
Last edited by TomCat4680 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

TomCat4680 wrote:
bnsfben wrote:They are now running on the Wabash down to the NS Chicago line. I wish these trains used to run through Durand. In about 2000 or 2001 I remember always counting on atleast 3 trains. Amtrak Eastbound, Amtrak Westbound and the westbound CP train. They always used to fly through Durand.
What are you talking about? P364 and P365 stop at Durand once a day (were there more than that you mean????)

Also I'm pretty sure there was 2 CP trains a night (M534 and M535), I went there every night for a like a month straight in the summer of 2001.
There were...They ran as a H534 and H535 and ran too and from Melrose Interlocking just east of London Ontario..They ran from 2001 to 2005 or 2006
Exit stage left

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

redside20 wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:

Also I'm pretty sure there was 2 CP trains a night (M534 and M535), I went there every night for a like a month straight in the summer of 2001.
There were...They ran as a H534 and H535 and ran too and from Melrose Interlocking just east of London Ontario..They ran from 2001 to 2005 or 2006
My mistake. Why does CN hardly ever use the letters or 4th and 5th digits on the radio anyway?

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

TomCat4680 wrote:What are you talking about? P364 and P365 stop at Durand once a day (were there more than that you mean????
They used to be seprate trains. One would leave Chicago and go to Toronto every day, the other would leave Toronto every day and head to Chicago. Usualy if they were on time, they would meet between Lansing and Flint just about every day, usualy just west of Durand.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

TomCat4680 wrote:Does CP still run on the CN Flint Sub?

NO. LoL.
Mark it Zero.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

What caused CP to stop using CN? Enough room on NS? HH boot them out?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

redside20

MQT3001 wrote:What caused CP to stop using CN? Enough room on NS? HH boot them out?
Not Quite...but this pair of CP trains would always get royally screwed when they traversed the GTW, like having to switch Durand the night I was at the Depot..And moving CP trains to the NS had something to do with it too..
Exit stage left

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

When those trains ran on the CN, where they via haulage rights like the agreement with CSX was? (that being the 'host' RR's crews were used to move the trains) if that was the case, it's understandable to get them on to the NS routing which uses CP crews via trackage rights instead.

As an aside it is still odd to see the CP having 30 odd route miles in Ohio....
redside20 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:What caused CP to stop using CN? Enough room on NS? HH boot them out?
Not Quite...but this pair of CP trains would always get royally screwed when they traversed the GTW, like having to switch Durand the night I was at the Depot..And moving CP trains to the NS had something to do with it too..

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

redside20 wrote:
How many times did you see this. I was in Durand quite often durring this time and I never seen them do anything but fly by.

saxman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by saxman »

Well CSXT700, when ever I operated H534 or H535 over the Flint Sub., I usually visited all the sidings between Port Huron and Battle Creek as well as run the Industrial at Lansing and Flint as well as sit as Van Slyke waiting for others doing work at Flint. It was not a high priority train.

redside20

sd70accsxt700 wrote:
redside20 wrote:
How many times did you see this. I was in Durand quite often durring this time and I never seen them do anything but fly by.
Matt I was thinking the same thing that night, out of my six visits to Durand, this occured once on Labor Day weekend 2005 on a Friday night. I had my scanner with me and I had just gotten to the Depot, and heard H535 talking on the radio. They had one of those maroon leasers a CEFX or whatever it was as the lead Loco and CN does not have any CEFX leasers on its roster..
Exit stage left

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

saxman wrote:Well CSXT700, when ever I operated H534 or H535 over the Flint Sub., I usually visited all the sidings between Port Huron and Battle Creek as well as run the Industrial at Lansing and Flint as well as sit as Van Slyke waiting for others doing work at Flint. It was not a high priority train.
Ok let me rephrase my question better to the point that I was was asking. How many times did you work Durand Yard on that train. As I said I probilly spent at least three days a week or so when thoes trains were running and dont rember ever seeing them work the yard. That is what I ment by flying by.

saxman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by saxman »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:
saxman wrote:Well CSXT700, when ever I operated H534 or H535 over the Flint Sub., I usually visited all the sidings between Port Huron and Battle Creek as well as run the Industrial at Lansing and Flint as well as sit as Van Slyke waiting for others doing work at Flint. It was not a high priority train.
Ok let me rephrase my question better to the point that I was was asking. How many times did you work Durand Yard on that train. As I said I probilly spent at least three days a week or so when thoes trains were running and dont rember ever seeing them work the yard. That is what I ment by flying by.
In answer to your rephrased question, I never worked Durand when operating H534/535. It may have happened to somebody but I don't remember anybody say; "Hey they made me work Durand on 534/535 the other day". And yes I would "fly" by Durand to wait at East Durand or Bancroft.