Circus Train coming!!!

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Circus Train coming!!!

Unread post by KenB »

Great info. Can you ask about the Detroit play dates? Where will train be coming from and which railroad. I figgure it will go out on CSXT since Detroit is their last play date before going to Florida.

K. Borg

gtwhogger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gtwhogger »

KenB wrote:Great info. Can you ask about the Detroit play dates? Where will train be coming from and which railroad. I figgure it will go out on CSXT since Detroit is their last play date before going to Florida.

K. Borg
Ken I just sent you a personal email to your AOL account, I forwarded it from the horse's mouth.

Stan S. gtwhogger

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

I'd also be interested in knowing about the trip up to Detroit, as I'd love to catch them. I'm also planning to try to catch them going through Toledo this Monday.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The train will be coming from Pittsburgh again this year for the Auburn Hills performances. It was a 1am arrival at Orion Yard.

They ended up going onto NS heading south after the shows at Auburn Hills in 2011, and CSX via the Lincoln Secondary in 2010.

gtwhogger
Railroadfan...fan

Here is the tentative schedule subject to change for the Pittsburg to Auburn Hills then to Tampa final season run.

And any times on here I would suggest local research to give a plus or minus 12 hour window

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

gtwhogger wrote:Here is the tentative schedule subject to change for the Pittsburg to Auburn Hills then to Tampa final season run.

And any times on here I would suggest local research to give a plus or minus 12 hour window

Oh, yay. They'll be coming down the Atlanta North District in November :D
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

gtwhogger
Railroadfan...fan

The ELK 102 job went on duty at 00:01 9-24-2012 at GR and will build it take it south ASAP not sure if they will wye it on the CSX? before heading to Elkhart????

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrail7695 »

You still on here...gtw?...are u in the yard?
gtwhogger wrote:The ELK 102 job went on duty at 00:01 9-24-2012 at GR and will build it take it south ASAP not sure if they will wye it on the CSX? before heading to Elkhart????
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

STARTED LOADING AT ABOUT 18:00 23 SEPT 2012 AND JUST FINSHED LOADING THE TRAIN 04:26 24SEPT. 2012..STANDING BY TO ROLL OUT OF GRAND RAPIDS AT ANY TIME...SOUTHBOUND DOWN THE KALAMAZOO BRANCH TO ELKHART YARD...
gtwhogger wrote:The ELK 102 job went on duty at 00:01 9-24-2012 at GR and will build it take it south ASAP not sure if they will wye it on the CSX? before heading to Elkhart????
THANKS M. SHIREY

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

RBBX 'RED TRAIN LEAVING HUGART YARD NOW 05:05 AND HIGH BALLING SOUTH TO ELKAHRT YARD..
conrail7695 wrote:STARTED LOADING AT ABOUT 18:00 23 SEPT 2012 AND JUST FINSHED LOADING THE TRAIN 04:26 24SEPT. 2012..STANDING BY TO ROLL OUT OF GRAND RAPIDS AT ANY TIME...SOUTHBOUND DOWN THE KALAMAZOO BRANCH TO ELKHART YARD...
THANKS M. SHIREY

gtwhogger
Railroadfan...fan

Yep Typical Railroad scheduling! LMAO, waited at Three Rivers to set up a night shot till sunrise, oh well headed back towards home around Schoolcraft and saw the Southbound absolute at PARK was already lined for a high green so I didn't like any of the low sun lighting scenario's so I went to YZ Ave. just South of Schoolcraft to take a shot, some fan pulled up and said he just took the signal at the Schoolcraft Interlocking.

Here is my result, to much shadow from trees but what the heck, theres always next year?

conrail7695
Railroadfan...fan

very nice shot!!! :D
THANKS M. SHIREY