NREX 5462 In Action

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Mick
Railroadfan...fan

NREX 5462 In Action

Unread post by Mick »

I was able to catch NREX 5462 and LS&I 3009 pulling a Tilden Job under the pellet washer (With permission to be on the Tilden property, of course).

http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-34893

More photos:http://www.railroadfan.com/gallery/thum ... ?album=776

Mick Enright
"Jump Sim, and save yourself!"
---Casey Jones' last words to fireman Sim Webb

lemscate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lemscate »

First: 'bout time someone got pictures of this thing! Wish I had the time to get up there myself.

Second: thanks so much for getting a picture of the fluxstone unloader apparatus! I've been trying to get a good view of that thing for awhile now, but couldn't get close enough on the Tilden tour. Quite interesting, I must say. And a good picture of the ore wetter thing, to boot.

Third: How did you get permission to be on CCI's property? Did you just ask or what?

Anyway, good job and thanks so much for sharing.

Ryan

Mick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mick »

Thanks, Ryan. A relative works at the Tilden, and he had to stop in for something work-related while I was visiting the Yoop. I rode along, and the "permission" was the pass on his windshield. I never even got out of the vehicle, and we were out of there in just a few minutes. But they turned out to be some darn good minutes! All the other shots were from public property.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any other legitimate opportunity to be on their property, especially not these days.

Mick
"Jump Sim, and save yourself!"
---Casey Jones' last words to fireman Sim Webb

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

nice shots mick! i wish I could too see this thing in action