CSXT ATCS activity on the Plymouth Sub

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
n8fau15
Railroadfan...fan

CSXT ATCS activity on the Plymouth Sub

Unread post by n8fau15 »

Hello all:

I was out yesterday and decoded ATCS data at Lake Odessa. Got about 1/2 hours worth of data then my power inverter died and that ended the data collection.

If time permits this week I'm hoping to drive the line from Elmdale west to Fox.

Sunfield hasn't been touched..... Old signals and poles along the tracks.

Another note..... From EE Lake Odessa west all of the codeline poles are gone. ID your photos now or another clue to figure things out are gone.....

n8fau15

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: CSXT ATCS activity on the Plymouth Sub

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Everything from Lake O to Madison Ave in GR was upgraded a few years ago. Poles have been gone since 2008 I think.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

n8fau15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by n8fau15 »

I've never been W of the EE Lake Odessa before. I need to get out more often.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

n8fau15 wrote:Hello all:

I was out yesterday and decoded ATCS data at Lake Odessa. Got about 1/2 hours worth of data then my power inverter died and that ended the data collection.

If time permits this week I'm hoping to drive the line from Elmdale west to Fox.

Another note..... From EE Lake Odessa west all of the codeline poles are gone. ID your photos now or another clue to figure things out are gone.....

n8fau15
As previously confirmed, everything West of the WAS EE Lake Odessa is now ATCS CTC controlled by the RN dispatcher. From the WAS at Pleasant Street to the WAS at Grandville is old Codeline, then it's ATCS CTC all the way to Porter.

Corrcet me if I'm wrong, but ATCS on the Plymouth Sub starts again at EAS Ensel then runs to the Trowbridge Interlocking.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

cnw8835
Grain Train Fetish LOLZ

Unread post by cnw8835 »

SD80MAC wrote:Everything from Lake O to Madison Ave in GR was upgraded a few years ago. Poles have been gone since 2008 I think.
The signals were replaced and ATCS installed between the EE Lake Odessa and up to but not including the EE Elmdale around April 2006. The change over from EE Elmdale up to but not including Pleasant St was the second week of June 2007.

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

n8fau15 wrote:Hello all:

n8fau15
there is a monitoring kit in the atcs group forum that I made that has all the ATCS between LAKO and Seymour on it :)

also included the 2 CP's in holland that used to be atcs until the new signals went online west of grandville.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

n8fau15 wrote:I've never been W of the EE Lake Odessa before. I need to get out more often.
You live in Saranac and have never been west of the east end of Lake O before, but you've been east of it?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.