Csx 4 engine Grand Blanc Sub

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CNCSX1017
Railroadfan...fan

Csx 4 engine Grand Blanc Sub

Unread post by CNCSX1017 »

4 engine grain train north on the Grand Blanc Sub :D he's slow so you might be able to catch him

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Csx 4 engine Grand Blanc Sub

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Might try the Saginaw Sub in Grand Blanc? :?:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CNCSX1017
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CNCSX1017 »

MQT3001 wrote:Might try the Saginaw Sub in Grand Blanc? :?:
Yes that's what I ment. I ment he was coming through Grand Blanc. I get the subs mixed up so if anyone can help with sub names that would be awesome

firemedic54
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by firemedic54 »

No problem. Saginaw Sub starts (or ends) in Flint and heads south towards Plymouth. LSRC takes over from Flint north. Not exactly sure where the Saginaw Sub starts from the south. The Saginaw Sub has a diamond in Holly that crosses the CN Holly Sub. The guys from this site can fill you in on MP numbers and are very accurate. They know their stuff. 8)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

firemedic54 wrote:No problem. Saginaw Sub starts (or ends) in Flint and heads south towards Plymouth. LSRC takes over from Flint north. Not exactly sure where the Saginaw Sub starts from the south. The Saginaw Sub has a diamond in Holly that crosses the CN Holly Sub. The guys from this site can fill you in on MP numbers and are very accurate. They know their stuff. 8)
Ends to the south at Alexis, right?

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

MQT3001 wrote:
firemedic54 wrote:No problem. Saginaw Sub starts (or ends) in Flint and heads south towards Plymouth. LSRC takes over from Flint north. Not exactly sure where the Saginaw Sub starts from the south. The Saginaw Sub has a diamond in Holly that crosses the CN Holly Sub. The guys from this site can fill you in on MP numbers and are very accurate. They know their stuff. 8)
Ends to the south at Alexis, right?
Carleton. It becomes to the Toledo Terminal Sub that ends in Walbridge/ Stanley Yards.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Isn't there an active update thread for this type of report?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TomCat4680 »

Actually the switchover from CSX to LSRC (aka Saginaw Bay Southern) is at the Mount Morris siding, a few miles north of Flint. They leave each cars there (the south end is Coldwater Rd near McGrew, north end is at Stanley Rd).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSX_Saginaw_Subdivision
Last edited by TomCat4680 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

TomCat4680 wrote:

Actually the switchover from CSX to LSRC (aka Saginaw Bay Southern) is at the Mount Morris siding, a few miles north of Flint. They leave each cars there all the time.

SBS no longer exists...

And don't they interchange in the yard?

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:

Actually the switchover from CSX to LSRC (aka Saginaw Bay Southern) is at the Mount Morris siding, a few miles north of Flint. They leave each cars there all the time.

SBS no longer exists...

And don't they interchange in the yard?
Yes it does, it's a subsidiary of LSRC, technically it's called LSRC dba SBS. Lake State Railway Company-Intra-Corporate Family Merger Exemption-Saginaw Bay Southern Railway Company

No they interchange at the siding, I hear them do it like 10 times a day, and I can walk there in 5 minutes. Here's a video I took of a SBS train at Stanley Rd last year SBS Z145 at Stanley Rd in Mt. Morris
Last edited by TomCat4680 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Unread post by Typhoon »

TomCat4680 wrote:

Actually the switchover from CSX to LSRC (aka Saginaw Bay Southern) is at the Mount Morris siding, a few miles north of Flint. They leave each cars there (the south end is Coldwater Rd near McGrew, north end is at Stanley Rd).

Actually the switchover is on the single main at Francis Road, north of the Mount Morris siding.

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Typhoon wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:

Actually the switchover is on the single main at Francis Road, north of the Mount Morris siding.
No it's Stanley Rd, it's single track at Saginaw St in Downtown Mt. Morris. I'll go take pics of it if u want, it's a half mile away.

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

TomCat4680 wrote:
No it's Stanley Rd, it's single track at Saginaw St in Downtown Mt. Morris. I'll go take pics of it if u want, it's a half mile away.
Take all the pictures you want. CSX owns, maintains and dispatches from the SAS at FRANCIS ROAD south.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

it was CSXT 7546-8580-4030-7323, Left flint as a Z144. Power turned that night on Z127.
And yes, LSRC owns the tracks after Mt. Morris. Anything (going SB) After Mt. Morris is CSX Trackage.
Thirdly, please post in the "Train location and updates thread" and not the Michigan talk thread. :)

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Typhoon wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:
Take all the pictures you want. CSX owns, maintains and dispatches from the SAS at FRANCIS ROAD south.
I never said they didn't, I said SBS/LSRC leases everything north of the MM siding on STANLEY ROAD not Frances. I've lived in Mt. Morris for 11 years, I know what I'm talking about.
Last edited by TomCat4680 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Evan wrote:it was CSXT 7546-8580-4030-7323, Left flint as a Z144. Power turned that night on Z127.
And yes, LSRC owns the tracks after Mt. Morris. Anything (going SB) After Mt. Morris is CSX Trackage.
Thirdly, please post in the "Train location and updates thread" and not the Michigan talk thread. :)
They don't own they lease, that's why CSX dispatches it still, and not LSRC itself.

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

TomCat4680 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:
I never said they didn't, I said SBS/LSRC leases everything north of the MM siding on STANLEY ROAD not Frances.
Now I remember why I have stopped posting on this site. :roll:

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Typhoon wrote:
Why, because you have no idea what you're talking about? The defect detector is on Frances Rd, MP CC 24.4, but the siding ends at at Stanley Rd. Everything north of Saginaw St MP CC 25.93 (the street I LIVE ON BTW), is single track. Watch the video I posted above, they say Mt. Morris siding at Stanley Rd about half way through.

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

TomCat4680 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Why, because you have no idea what you're talking about? The defect detector is on Frances Rd, MP CC 24.4, but the siding ends at at Stanley Rd. Everything north of Saginaw St MP CC 25.93 (the street I LIVE ON BTW), is single track. Watch the video I posted above, they say Mt. Morris siding at Stanley Rd about half way through.
Your right, I have no clue about anything that happens on the RN desk. :roll: I don't live there, I work in Calumet City IL, so I have no clue. :lol:

TomCat4680
Railroadfan...fan

Typhoon wrote:
TomCat4680 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Your right, I have no clue about anything that happens on the RN desk. :roll: I don't live there, I work in Calumet City IL, so I have no clue. :lol:
Well check your maps then. The MM siding ends at Stanley Rd not Frances. It's single track north of Saginaw St (halfway between Stanley and Frances).