Shields MI/Titabawassee River

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Notch 8
Railroadfan...fan

Shields MI/Titabawassee River

Unread post by Notch 8 »

Couple of questions, was Walleye Fishing on the Titabawassee and I kept hearing an EMD product but never got to see anything except for a cut of grain cars that were spotted half way across the bridge and when we returned 5 hours later that were gone but sitting on the other side of Strobel Road. Sign at the Stroebel crossing says CSX, track looks like it was constucted well but does not look like it is well cared for these days. Is this the line to Alma ?
My other question is I noticed that this bridge over the Titabawassee is a swing bridge ? Why ? This was never a navigatable river ? so if it were a swing bridge was there an operator ? was the bridge ever open ? if so how ? and what was the RR that built the bridge ? I did take pictures of the bridge... Walleye Fishing was S L O W ! but I have fish and yellow morals.. so glad it's Father's Day today !

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Shields MI/Titabawassee River

Unread post by J T »

Notch 8 wrote:...so glad it's Father's Day today !
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

J T wrote:
Notch 8 wrote:...so glad it's Father's Day today !
....WHAT?!
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

JDavis21835
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JDavis21835 »

That is LSRC, what you see off of strobel rd is what is known as Paines. Yes it is the line that goes to Alma