Hogan yard?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Hogan yard?

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

Where exactly is this yard located and is it still used?, I know it is somewhere in the Marquette Range. what was it used for?. Completely unrelated, is Antoine yard in Ironwood still in use?

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Hogan yard?

Unread post by GAP »

Antoine yard is the old C&NW yard on the north side of Iron Mountain. (It's easy to get Iron Mountain, Iron River and Ironwood confused.) Anyway, the C&NW became Union Pacific which sold to Wisconsin Central which became Canadian National. There was very little traffic to Antoine Yard years ago and now the mill in Niagara is closed so I imagine all traffic on that line stops at Quinnesec. I seriously doubt there is any traffic to Antoine yard anymore.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

JANGAJONGA wrote:Completely unrelated, is Antoine yard in Ironwood still in use?
E&LS still interchanges pulpwood with CN here for the mill in Quinnesec. I don't know how often but I would guess its infrequent.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

elshogger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by elshogger »

Antoine Yard in Iron Mountain has been torn up for several years after the CN abandoned it. They sold the land to the DNR for a snowmobile trail. The CN still has trackage rights thru Iron Mountain on the ELS to their yard switch, but with no yard they don't come any farther than Quinnesec now. The ELS has trackage rights from Iron Mountain to Quinnesec on the CN and delivers pulpwood to the CN's yard there.