geo car sighting

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

geo car sighting

Unread post by KVERBERK »

The FRA test car came south through Fife Lake today. I followed them to Walton Junction and was suprised to see them use the north leg of the wye to access the Traverse City Branch. As far as I can tell this leg of the wye hasn't been used in years and is in pretty rough shape, but otherwise it certainly made sense to go that way. Anyway just thought I give an update on the Car.

Kyle
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I might be wrong (as I've never seen the wye in question), but my understanding was that the third leg of the wye in TC was taken out of service to prevent the dinner train group from using it to wye their equipment a few years ago. I don't recall seeing anything about there being anything actually wrong with it.

ramblerdan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ramblerdan »

Car left Cadillac Today. Saw going through McBain with two engines toward clare. Anybody know where its heading now?

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

what time did you see it today?

thomas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by thomas »

the wye in question is where the tc line cuts away from the cadilac-patasky line, near the corner of u.s.131 and m113.

ramblerdan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ramblerdan »

GLC 392 wrote:what time did you see it today?
It was between noon and 1pm

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

RE:

Unread post by KVERBERK »

thomas wrote:the wye in question is where the tc line cuts away from the cadilac-patasky line, near the corner of u.s.131 and m113.

Thomas, yep this is the wye I am refering to. I am not sure but I think it is called Walton Junction. Like you said, this is where north bound trains out of cadillac either head to Traverse City or north to kalkaska, elmira and Petosky....
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

signalman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by signalman »

The FRA test car was in SBS Saginaw yard this morning heading to Huron and Eastern. The car came east on Mid-Michigan from Alma to Saginaw.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

When did it go east?!?!?!?!
I didn't have a chance to be up on the MMRR yesterday b/c I was at RA safety training. And today I got to my territory around 7:30ish and they had already gone EB.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.