Durand - Derailment

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Durand - Derailment

Unread post by AARR »

I read at another site there was a derailment in Durand today. Possibly in front of the station. Anyone have any info?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: Durand - Derailment

Unread post by Jochs »

AARR wrote:I read at another site there was a derailment in Durand today. Possibly in front of the station. Anyone have any info?
I saw on facebook that there was a "close derailment." Not sure what that meant. A tank car was damaged, as were some of the boards on the station platform. The train was inspected and allowed to continue. CN later began repairing the boards on the platform.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Hmmm, something damaged the boards on the platform. What's up with that. Maybe something dragging. Or some debris bouncing around under the train.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

jkh2cpu
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jkh2cpu »

I was at Durand on Friday and I'm to understand that some piece of dragging equipment tore up the platform, but no derailment.

Be careful out there. Train guys inspecting passing trains keep a safe distance. Probabilities are low for something to happen, but when it does, a person wants to be well clear of the danger zone.

John.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Posted by SD80MAC on 6/29/2014, 12:27 am, in reply to "Re:Something Happened/Durand Newspaper"

No derailment. Low hanging brake rigging on a car hit and caught the boards at the depot, ripping everything up and rupturing some of the air hoses, putting the train into emergency. Train was on the move again a couple of hours later after fixing the car and air hoses.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...