My Railroad Photos from Hobo Fest 2013

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Amtrakguy365
Railroadfan...fan

My Railroad Photos from Hobo Fest 2013

Unread post by Amtrakguy365 »

The Annual Port Huron, Michigan Hobo Fest is hosted by the Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society on 32nd street on the former site of the PH&D Railroad. The PH&D ran from Port Huron to Marine City until it was sold to the C&O in 1984. The line is now operated by CSX. The only section of the PH&D that remains is from Port Huron to East China at the Detroit Edison Plant. Note: These photos were originally taken on iPad, I re-took these pictures from my camcorder. Probably a bad idea.
PH&D Bay Window Caboose #62
The old PH&D Roundhouse is in much need of repair as you may notice trees growing inside the poor thing. The roundhouse is currently owned by CSX.
The wye to Marysville, St. Clair, & East China

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: My Railroad Photos from Hobo Fest 2013

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Are you going again this year? I missed it last year due to work, but it was a lot more fun than I (initially) thought it would be the year before.

Speaking of the PH&D RRHS, they're having a work session tomorrow (Saturday) and need lots of help. See my post in the Off Subject Chit Chat area for details...
~ Charles W.

Amtrakguy365
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Amtrakguy365 »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Are you going again this year? I missed it last year due to work, but it was a lot more fun than I (initially) thought it would be the year before.

Speaking of the PH&D RRHS, they're having a work session tomorrow (Saturday) and need lots of help. See my post in the Off Subject Chit Chat area for details...
Yeah, I might be going again. I looked up the dates and it says it will be hosted on Friday, September 12 & Saturday, September 13. Last year I had a little chat with T.J. Gaffney as well.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Amtrakguy365 wrote:Last year I had a little chat with T.J. Gaffney as well.
He's an interesting guy to chat with.
~ Charles W.

DTIDave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DTIDave »

Thanks for sharing Amtrakguy365! I miss the old days of seeing strings of PH&D boxcars along that yard (that used to have more tracks than it does now and REALLY light rail) along 32nd St. The Tunnel Yard office was still there, the old electrification towers were still up, the roundhouse was in much better shape, though still abandoned, the offices were boarded up but they look GREAT now! and of course GT blue and orange locos idling across the tracks. This was in the early-mid '90's. Sad how much has changed in that little time... :(

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

DTIDave wrote:This was in the early-mid '90's. Sad how much has changed in that little time... :(
In 20 years, you mean.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"