CN Q144 Triple Crown in Port Huron, Michigan

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Amtrakguy365
Railroadfan...fan

CN Q144 Triple Crown in Port Huron, Michigan

Unread post by Amtrakguy365 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JUULCcEITA
Its -4 degrees outside with a wind chill of -22. Here we see a Toronto bound Triple Crown train originating from Detroit heading EAST (not west...) into the St. Clair River Tunnel. Note the snow being kicked up as the train picks up speed.
Last edited by Amtrakguy365 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Q144 Triple Crown in Port Huron, Michigan

Unread post by Norm »

At the risk of being picky, if he's heading WEST into the tunnel he ain't goin' to Toronto.
Norm

Amtrakguy365
Railroadfan...fan

Norm wrote:At the risk of being picky, if he's heading WEST into the tunnel he ain't goin' to Toronto.
Should've said East... :P

rettop
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rettop »

Why would they be stopping for Customs? Wouldn't the manifest be all done from RR offices by computer? All truckers carry the manifest copy that is furnished by the shipping agent or trucking company--if something is wrong they are refused entry and go back to the shipper or agent for correction. Are they checking to see if the engineer/conductors are legal???I can see them refusing entry and backing the train back to Canada!!!

Amtrakguy365
Railroadfan...fan

rettop wrote:Why would they be stopping for Customs? Wouldn't the manifest be all done from RR offices by computer? All truckers carry the manifest copy that is furnished by the shipping agent or trucking company--if something is wrong they are refused entry and go back to the shipper or agent for correction. Are they checking to see if the engineer/conductors are legal???I can see them refusing entry and backing the train back to Canada!!!
I've seen them do crew changes too. For example, I think its the video where I see a UP GEVO, a conductor gets on board the leading CN Locomotive. They might stop for a crew change as well.