In memorandum RIP MM #24

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MrRail
White Creek Flat Car

Re: In memorandum RIP MM #24

Unread post by MrRail »

Good. Means it'l still be around to take measurements for my ride on GP. Any idea when it's leaving GR? Also, any idea on what power may be coming in for the 3885?
Anything can be fixed with WD40 and ductape......... Right?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MrRail wrote:Good. Means it'l still be around to take measurements for my ride on GP. Any idea when it's leaving GR? Also, any idea on what power may be coming in for the 3885?
I heard it might be #2008 from RJ Corman's fleet.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

Don't know when the movements will be made but it sounds like an ugly pink gp35m is in their future.

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

I've been mostly ignoring this post but re-reading the title today I realised what is wrong with it...

mem·o·ran·dum
ˌmeməˈrandəm/
noun
a note or record made for future use.
"the two countries signed a memorandum of understanding on economic cooperation"
synonyms: message, communication, note, email, letter, missive, directive; More
a written message, especially in business or diplomacy.
"he told them of his decision in a memorandum"
synonyms: message, communication, note, email, letter, missive, directive; More
LAW
a document recording the terms of a contract or other legal details.

I think PM1223 meant to mean "In memoriam".

Just being JT for a day. No I did not shave my head!
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Yeah, that has been thoroghly discussed...

...poster, despite looking like an idiot for the spelling fail, still refuses to change it.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:Yeah, that has been thoroghly discussed...

...poster, despite looking like an idiot for the spelling fail, still refuses to change it.
And this is the reason why I don't change it. :lol:

Double checked your accusation in Microsoft Word, and it is indeed spelled right. Memorandum is correct, memoirandum is incorrect.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

This is why you're wrong. You want to know what you do wrong and how to change.... Step one: Accept you can be wrong and when proven wrong stop digging the hole.
Adverb
in memoriam

In memory (of); as a memorial.  
Usage notes[edit]
Sometimes followed by a reference to the one being remembered: then, either a preposition is used (typically of) or in memoriam is followed directly by the reference (as in in memoriam: Christa McAuliffe or in memoriam Christa McAuliffe).
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

BerkshireKid wrote:This is why you're wrong. You want to know what you do wrong and how to change.... Step one: Accept you can be wrong and when proven wrong stop digging the hole.
Adverb
in memoriam

Usage notes[edit]
Sometimes followed by a reference to the one being remembered: then, either a preposition is used (typically of) or in memoriam is followed directly by the reference (as in in memoriam: Christa McAuliffe or in memoriam Christa McAuliffe).

This explains exactly why I don't come on here as much as I used to. People who have nothing to do by complain about what others say, rather than add constructive comments to the discussion.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

chapmaja wrote:
BerkshireKid wrote:This is why you're wrong. You want to know what you do wrong and how to change.... Step one: Accept you can be wrong and when proven wrong stop digging the hole.
Adverb
in memoriam

Usage notes[edit]

This explains exactly why I don't come on here as much as I used to. People who have nothing to do by complain about what others say, rather than add constructive comments to the discussion.
BerkshireKid has nothing better to do. Loves to come after me. Only makes him look more foolish in the process. But I'm surprised that someone like MQT3001 didn't say it was GRAMMAR related and not SPELLING. The word was not wrong, but the word used was incorrect. C'mon Alex your better then that! :D
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

There is a difference between people going after you for mistakes and those doing it because you refuse to correct them.

This is a latter case.

If you're gonna thumb your nose at people, you won't be around for long.

Once again, I write with experiance
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

chapmaja wrote:This explains exactly why I don't come on here as much as I used to. People who have nothing to do by complain about what others say, rather than add constructive comments to the discussion.
I don't feel you should stay away. I think you'll find there are far more posts you will like and you can contribute something worthwhile to the conversation :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

MQT3001 wrote:There is a difference between people going after you for mistakes and those doing it because you refuse to correct them.

This is a latter case.

If you're gonna thumb your nose at people, you won't be around for long.

Once again, I write with experiance
Oh the irony! Well it will help when you start writing with experience, not experiance.

So he used the wrong term for what he was trying to say, who cares? The last time I checked this board is about railroads, not the proper use of the English language.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

This thread sucks; locking, thank you, drive thru.

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com