GLC vs Truck 8/4/2015

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainWatcher
The Beast

GLC vs Truck 8/4/2015

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

http://www.themorningsun.com/general-ne ... with-train

Yet another driver tried to beat a GLC train.

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC vs Truck 8/4/2015

Unread post by MiddleMI »

The intersection, to the east and south of Ithaca, is marked only by a railroad crossing sign and a yield sign, with no arms or flashing lights. Wright said having a yield sign at train crossing is not uncommon in rural Gratiot County.
I guess I havent' driven enough on rural roads, because I just assumed it was required that every crossing had at least a full stop sign. Either way, I'll never be able to wrap my head around people trying to beat trains or stalling on tracks. I'm so careful at rail crossings it's not even funny.

Tom
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom »

MiddleMI wrote:
The intersection, to the east and south of Ithaca, is marked only by a railroad crossing sign and a yield sign, with no arms or flashing lights. Wright said having a yield sign at train crossing is not uncommon in rural Gratiot County.
I guess I havent' driven enough on rural roads, because I just assumed it was required that every crossing had at least a full stop sign. Either way, I'll never be able to wrap my head around people trying to beat trains or stalling on tracks. I'm so careful at rail crossings it's not even funny.
Well if you trust your life to electric signals, gates, and lights you're a more trusting soul than I. I don't cross unless I visually verify there is no train.

I'm glad it was a train and not a school bus full of kids. Same error, different cost.

firemedic54
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by firemedic54 »

Again another very unfortunate but preventable accident.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

When I'm texting, eating and applying my make up I expect the trains to stop for me :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

If you think thats dumb check out the story in the same edition about the two killed by driving into the Chippewa river at a dead end road at high speed. DUH! Thelma and Louise? No Thomas and Louie....
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

AARR wrote:When I'm texting, eating and applying my make up I expect the trains to stop for me :lol:
AH, now he comes out of the closet! Always wondered why those brownies were so good! (Ducking!)
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

In the end Don does it make you a shade of Orange and Black? :D

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

It would have been nice if the article had stated what time the accident was and the name of the railroad. We know it's GLC but others don't. Journalism 101 stuff here, who-what-when.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Steve B wrote:Journalism 101 stuff here, who-what-when.
This seems to be what ends up missing from many articles now a days
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Steve B wrote:It would have been nice if the article had stated what time the accident was and the name of the railroad. We know it's GLC but others don't. Journalism 101 stuff here, who-what-when.
My biggest thing is when they always write that the conductor was operating the train, but don't expect much from the Morning Sun staff.