Amtrak baggage cars in Michigan

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Amtrak baggage cars in Michigan

Unread post by Ypsi »

354 had a viewliner II baggage car on it tonight. Possibably more water for Flint or something. Looking for it back on 353 tomorrow midday.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Re: Amtrak baggage cars in Michigan

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Why would a train that goes nowhere near Flint have a baggage car of water for Flint?
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Ypsi wrote:Possibably more water for Flint or something. Looking for it back on 353 tomorrow midday.
Nope.....had a large group who went on a ski trip out west somewhere with lots of gear

BerkshireKid, it already has happened....while the first car went directly to Flint on 364 (and got all the publicity), the second one came into PNT on 352 a while back and then was transloaded onto trucks for the rest of the trip....me thinks CN didn't want this to become a habit of tying up the main for an hour while the car was unloaded....they were complaining about 354 being in the station for 10 mins tonight in BTL as it was

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Nice that this may be a new yearly thing for that group then (assuming it's the same group that did it around this time last year). Mixing up the consist 4 out of 2190 trips a year never hurts.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Buster Manning wrote:BerkshireKid, it already has happened....while the first car went directly to Flint on 364 (and got all the publicity), the second one came into PNT on 352 a while back and then was transloaded onto trucks for the rest of the trip....
Here's a video of the second "water train" (352) at Porter Junction, Indiana on March 25th, 2016.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

370/371 used to have a baggage car once or twice or a year when a school group took a ski trip out west. Haven't heard of that happening in a few years now though.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Here's a still from today. I would guess we will see it a couple more times when they return around the end of the week (unless this was the return)
Attachments
image.jpg