LSRC alco?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

LSRC alco?

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I was on Google Maps since it appears that the imagery is new, and I was looking at LSRC's yard in Saginaw, when I saw, among many other normal "modern" engines, an older engine that appeared to be an alco. I didn't realize that they still had one left, but I was wondering, is it used still for yard service, or have they left it out to rust? Hopefully it doesn't get scrapped, if it hasn't already recently.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: LSRC alco?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

See this thread for the "Story". Not much if anything has changed in several years in the saga of D&M/LSRC 469.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19629
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Saturnalia wrote:See this thread for the "Story". Not much if anything has changed in several years in the saga of D&M/LSRC 469.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19629
Thanks! It's seems to be a neat old engine, maybe someday it'll end up at a museum.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Is it still for sure there? Shocked Waymore has cut it up yet.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Yeah because lets cut up and scrap something when prices are just going lower and lower per ton...
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Evan
Durand's Gingerbread Kid

Unread post by Evan »

TrainWatcher wrote:Is it still for sure there? Shocked Waymore has cut it up yet.
Why would they scrap something they don't even own? 469 has been privately owned for many years now, the owner has no where to put it, LSRC has stored it for the guy for a while now.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Evan wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:Is it still for sure there? Shocked Waymore has cut it up yet.
Why would they scrap something they don't even own? 469 has been privately owned for many years now, the owner has no where to put it, LSRC has stored it for the guy for a while now.
So, making sure I read this right, you're confirming that Waymore no longer owns it, that it is in the hands of some other private entity?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Isn't Waymore the private individual of which Evan speaks?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

It was a comment Dane because, unlike the sheet metal hoods, the 244 has many parts that were to be used in marine applications (hense why Waymore bought them). And I was speaking about Waymore cutting it up Mr. Locke, not LSRC. Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy 469 still survives as it is a historical item, and Michigan Rail history I was really asking if it was confirmed that it was still there at Saginaw. Last I had heard after the theft of some horns and other items LSRC did not like railfans on their property anymore, so there was no public way of confirming it still to be on the property.