Trains Mag - MI RR's

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Trains Mag - MI RR's

Unread post by AARR »

In June, 2022 Trains Magazine there are a couple very nice articles about MI's Mineral Range (by William Beecher, Jr.) and West Michigan Railroad Co. (by Brian Buchanan). The WM article has quotes from our own Mike H.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Trains Mag - MI RR's

Unread post by NS3322 »

AARR wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:12 pm
In June, 2022 Trains Magazine there are a couple very nice articles about MI's Mineral Range (by William Beecher, Jr.) and West Michigan Railroad Co. (by Brian Buchanan). The WM article has quotes from our own Mike H.
Looking forward to it...but nothing tops the October 1987 issue! :D
Trains_1987_10.jpg

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

Wow I remember that 10/87 issue. I saw it at Meijer in the magazine section and I purchased it. The title of the article itself was Michigan Metamorphosis.
Nice to see Michigan railroads getting their props.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

I also have that magazine, back when Trains was at their peak. Sad to say that some of those RR's are no longer around,or have been cut back, while other newer railroads have stepped in. Miss the D&M most of all, especially the yard/shop area in Tawas City. To me, it was a beautiful, interesting area,and the people were always helpful and pleasant to deal with. I know Lake State is doing great, but that yard area was a flawless place to explore. We will not ever see places like that again. Of course, all those Alco's really set it apart. I deeply miss that place.