MMRR to cease operations in 2025?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
RailroadingFan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: MMRR to cease operations in 2025?

Unread post by RailroadingFan »

AARR wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:49 pm
Is this an opportunity for another operator, like WATCO, to buy and take over?
GP-35 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:30 am
Mr. AARR, the damage is already done. Zeeland is tired of being lied to and broken promises. Its time for MDOT to seek a new operator and get rid of GLC, they had to many chances in the past to straighten up!!!
Mr.AARR G&W has its eyes set on the GLC now so if Mdot wants a new operator G&W is ready to take it

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

joeyuboats wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:35 pm
WHOA-- WHOA---- RICKOFF OUT AT LSRC???? WHY???? FIRST I HEAR OF IT!!!
People news from R.J. Corman, DART and Lake State Railway - Progressive Railroading - June 20, 2024 wrote:Lake State Railway Company (LSRC) has made several changes with its executive leadership roles, effective July 15. Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Mike Stickel will assume the role of president and CEO. John Rickoff, who has served as president and CEO since 2010, will transition to the role of chairman. In addition, former CEO of Carload Express Inc. Mark Rosner will join LSRC as EVP and and COO following Stickel’s transition to CEO. Kevin Mitrzyk, EVP and chief financial officer, will assume an expanded role as chief administrative officer, adding responsibilities for LSRC’s human resources and government affairs functions.
https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ ... way--72203
Last edited by NS3322 on Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jim_c
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Jim_c »

In case you can't access the content on the link, it would seem he has transitioned to Chairman of the Board.
Trails to Rails. Put the track back.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

OK--- THANK YOU--- THAT MAKES SENSE!

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

I still dont understand. How did HESR a gwi subsidiary go from being a mediocre operation to leapfrogging the GLC and now even LSRC to being the top dog not only in the thumb but all of east central and north central michigan. GLC seemed to hold thier own after they moved thier operations over to owosso from the thumb and everything seemed to do downhill around 2014-15 and now they cant handle new business. and it seems that the LSRC has hit a wall of sorts.
Exit stage left

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

What wall did LSRC supposedly hit?? Seems like they are OK, so far . ??

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

What wall did LSRC supposedly hit?? Seems like they are OK, so far ..??

oh yeah, i agree. They are doing a ok but have you seen their newsletter lately? until early last year or 2022, they would always report about lineside customers etc...and lately it seems like the newsletter is lacking something.
Exit stage left

railroader and son
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railroader and son »

Remember that ZFS is partial owner of The A&B Railroad Group,and they tried getting GLC from Ithaca to Durand because of the service issues. One reason they set up the transload in Lansing,and a few GLC employees went to ZFS for work. ZFS is exploring a soy oil refining plant,and a ethanol plant. They expanded grain storage capacity last year also.

ATTM4150
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ATTM4150 »

redside20 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:29 am
What wall did LSRC supposedly hit?? Seems like they are OK, so far ..??

oh yeah, i agree. They are doing a ok but have you seen their newsletter lately? until early last year or 2022, they would always report about lineside customers etc...and lately it seems like the newsletter is lacking something.
I’ll throw my two cents as a former lsrc employee, LSRC (least while I was there a few years ago) had a habit of biting off more than they could chew, basically promising customer's and potential customers the world, and not considering if they had the crews to accomplish said promises. LSRC had a high turn over rate and crew shortages were always a thing.
One of the solutions was to merge two jobs into one, and that crew would die every night, thus pushing the work onto another job/crew, leaving many customers wondering where their cars were and/or not picked up.

GP-35
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP-35 »

Yes, kind of like the auto transload in Gaylord, all that will end up being is a good place to stack lumber from the U.P and storage cars for the de-bunk gas terminal that Krist LP thought they would put the run on Quality Energy in Cadillac on GLC!!!

Tom Train
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom Train »

Gaylord isn't dead yet. Lumber loads outbound weekly,plenty of gas cars on site and two new tracks enclosed by a chain link fence just east ofthe lumber loading area. Tri-State still receives carloads of lumber and A&L still ships scrap. The only disappointment is Northern Energy which has not had any rail traffic in several months.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

As far as LSRC in Gaylord-- after the switch that goes to A&L, the old main line that goes into the downtown area, does it still have any customers, or was LSRC correct in wanting that abandoned years back?? Any new industries that might locate there, as I see a few spurs still in place.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Does the place near downtown still get lubricants? They were getting about one a week.

The lumber spur north of town hasn’t been used since the sand business stopped around 15 years e.
joeyuboats wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:44 pm
the old main line that goes into the downtown area, does it still have any customers, or was LSRC correct in wanting that abandoned years back??
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I just read Tom Trains post about Northern Energy not getting cars in several months so that answers my question
AARR wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:36 am
Does the place near downtown still get lubricants? They were getting about one a week.

The lumber spur north of town hasn’t been used since the sand business stopped around 15 years e.
joeyuboats wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:44 pm
the old main line that goes into the downtown area, does it still have any customers, or was LSRC correct in wanting that abandoned years back??
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think the same about the vehicle transload in Gaylord. Normally they put those where they can get a lot of traffic like the one in Flint. But the Team at LSRC is smarter than me and doing a good job getting new business so they must have data that shows it will be successful.
GP-35 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:28 pm
Yes, kind of like the auto transload in Gaylord, all that will end up being is a good place to stack lumber from the U.P and storage cars for the de-bunk gas terminal that Krist LP thought they would put the run on Quality Energy in Cadillac on GLC!!!