CSX Grand Rapids subdivision useless opinion poll.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

In five years who will own/operate the CSX GR sub

Poll ended at Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:00 am

CPKC
No votes
Watco
4%
Lake state
7%
GLC
No votes
G&W
No votes
RJ Corman
No votes
Amtrak
7%
Turned into Bicycle Trail
18%
CSX
64%

Total votes: 28

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: CSX Grand Rapids subdivision useless opinion poll.

Unread post by ~Z~ »

GRHC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:45 pm
Jetlink wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:53 pm
Bike trail should be a selectable option. Good thinking typhoon.
You sir are a chain and sprocket two wheeled spoked rim rubber tire junkie and you need to stop trying to turn all the rails into bike trails.
Therefore bike trail should not be a selectable option thank you very much.
I'm sorry Jetlink if I were harsh with you but somebody needed to tell you.
Lollerskates - I added a bicycle trail as an option and wiped out the current votes. Enjoy revoting!
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

~Z~ wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:51 pm
GRHC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:45 pm
Jetlink wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:53 pm
Bike trail should be a selectable option. Good thinking typhoon.
You sir are a chain and sprocket two wheeled spoked rim rubber tire junkie and you need to stop trying to turn all the rails into bike trails.
Therefore bike trail should not be a selectable option thank you very much.
I'm sorry Jetlink if I were harsh with you but somebody needed to tell you.
Lollerskates - I added a bicycle trail as an option and wiped out the current votes. Enjoy revoting!
I say to you what I said to Jetlink.

Note: you must be a registered user to take this poll. If you would like to take one of my future polls or post on any of the other RailRoadFan.com threads and are not a registered user you can become one by clicking on the link provided below.
ucp.php?mode=register

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I still believe CSX will have it but I’d like LSRC to be operating it instead
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Likely will be CSX, but anything is possible. They spun off the Florida lines around Tallahassee a few years ago.

The route that CPKC takes really doesn't address the real issue, and that is getting from Porter to Bensenville.

They have lots of congestion around Gary and the slow trek across Chicago on the BRC. Plus I dont know if they would take on the maintenance costs for the density of traffic they currently operate with.

The Plymouth to Grand Rapids segment would be more appealing to another operator.

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

GTW6401 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:36 pm
Likely will be CSX, but anything is possible. They spun off the Florida lines around Tallahassee a few years ago.

The route that CPKC takes really doesn't address the real issue, and that is getting from Porter to Bensenville.

They have lots of congestion around Gary and the slow trek across Chicago on the BRC. Plus I dont know if they would take on the maintenance costs for the density of traffic they currently operate with.

The Plymouth to Grand Rapids segment would be more appealing to another operator.
Thank you GTW6401 for voting and your thought out well written and interesting post.

My heart is bleeding and my soul is crying out in pain for all of those who previously voted and had those votes tossed into the dumpster behind the building like a euthanized animal at the animal shelter. I hope everybody will take the time and vote again because your opinion does matter and remember polls are fun.

Note: you must be a registered user to take this poll. If you would like to take one of my future polls or post on any of the other RailRoadFan.com threads and are not a registered user you can become one by clicking on the link provided below.
ucp.php?mode=register

Disclaimer: ⛔️ warning this poll is for mindless entertainment purposes only.

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

Realistically, yes CSX continues to hold on to the line

If the line was to ever be put up for sale I think we've established that CPKC would probably at least take a look at it. However if they weren't to buy it, I don't think CSX would sell the whole line to a single operator as they would be directly competing for Chicago-Detroit traffic. In most city pairs I wouldn't think this was an issue but with so many roads terminating in Chicagoland, I don't think they'd want to risk it.

In my opinion however, I think SRI should take over the line and run multiple daily manifest trains using only PM steam locomotives and era-correct rolling stock. They would also have to reinstate the old PM signals along the entire line :lol:

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Unread post by Typhoon »

Let the CP thing go already. They have been offered the line many times. They are not interested. It is slow, curvy with short sidings and a crappy signal system. And at the end of the day, they would have a line from NW Indiana to Plymouth, with traffic rights on either end.

LansingRailFan
Pabst Peddler

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Methinks the most CP we’ll see would be run thru stack trains to oak yard.

Anybody saying that CSX should sell the line once the coal trains are done is an absolute fool and doesn’t understand how much money CSX makes with the GR and Plymouth subs aside from coal.

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:48 pm
Methinks the most CP we’ll see would be run thru stack trains to oak yard.

Anybody saying that CSX should sell the line once the coal trains are done is an absolute fool and doesn’t understand how much money CSX makes with the GR and Plymouth subs aside from coal.
First off let me say thank you for posting LRF and voting if you were one of the 7 who voted at this point. You do make a couple of valid points and yes I agree with you there will be life after coal.

ucp.php?mode=register

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

Typhoon wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:39 pm
Let the CP thing go already. They have been offered the line many times. They are not interested. It is slow, curvy with short sidings and a crappy signal system. And at the end of the day, they would have a line from NW Indiana to Plymouth, with traffic rights on either end.
Thank you Typhoon for voicing your opinion and possibly voting or I should say revoting.
You say the line has been offered to CPKC but yet you don't list your sources. If you are going to make claims that's fine but let's back them up with reliable sources because facts do matter.

ucp.php?mode=register

David Collins
Train Paparazzi

Unread post by David Collins »

GRHC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:13 pm
If you are going to make claims that's fine but let's back them up with reliable sources because facts do matter.
Let’s not forget there’s people here that work for the railroad ;)
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

Snapchat: daveeed1k

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

David Collins wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:43 pm
GRHC wrote:
Thank you Typhoon for voicing your opinion and possibly voting or I should say revoting.
You say the line has been offered to CPKC but yet you don't list your sources. If you are going to make claims that's fine but let's back them up with reliable sources because facts do matter.
Let’s not forget there’s people here that work for the railroad ;)
Wow this is your second post on this thread that you disparaged in your first post. Well David Collins I will be a good sport and say thank you for posting.
Now I will take the time to address your post.
I did not mean Typhoon any disrespect when I question his sources. I myself like others on this website do not always know who has reliable and credible information and who does not. I'm just doing my job as the creator and host of this useless opinion poll. 😉

ucp.php?mode=register

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

GRHC wrote:Note: you must be a registered user to take this poll. If you would like to take one of my future polls or post on any of the other RailRoadFan.com threads and are not a registered user you can become one by clicking on the link provided below.
ucp.php?mode=register
I don't like spam. When I asked if you had to be a member to vote I was being sarcastic. I did not expect you to post the same message a dozen more times.

It is most certainly a useless poll. :(

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

GRHC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:00 pm

My heart is bleeding and my soul is crying out in pain for all of those who previously voted and had those votes tossed into the dumpster behind the building like a euthanized animal at the animal shelter. I hope everybody will take the time and vote again because your opinion does matter and remember polls are fun.

Disclaimer: ⛔️ warning this poll is for mindless entertainment purposes only.
Railfanning. Serious. Business.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

justalurker66 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:09 pm
GRHC wrote:Note: you must be a registered user to take this poll. If you would like to take one of my future polls or post on any of the other RailRoadFan.com threads and are not a registered user you can become one by clicking on the link provided below.
ucp.php?mode=register
I don't like spam. When I asked if you had to be a member to vote I was being sarcastic. I did not expect you to post the same message a dozen more times.

It is most certainly a useless poll. :(
Well first off justalurker66 I apologize if I upset you and I know you were being sarcastic. With that being said you should have seen that coming from a mile away.
Thank you for reminding everybody that this is a useless opinion poll :( sometimes I lay awake at night thinking to myself do I mention it enough.

ucp.php?mode=register

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

Jetlink wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:41 pm
GRHC wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:00 pm
Railfanning. Serious. Business.
Indeed it is Jetlink indeed it is.
Here is a quick recap of yesterday ... Z decided to reset the table if you will and cleared all of the votes from the poll and decided to add a new option which is turned into bicycle trail. Since the table was reset we've had 20 people vote or should I say revote in this useless opinion poll. We've also had a number of comments some of which have been positive and some not. We have learned that CPKC was offered the line but did not show any real interest according to Typhoon. I learned that Typhoon possesses insider information justalurker66 doesn't like spam and lacks foresight regarding my M.O. and that Jetlink is a chain and sprocket two wheeled spoked rim rubber tire junkie who has a strong desire to rid Michigan of all rail lines and have them turned into bike trails. It'll be interesting to see what today brings I hope we get more votes and comments regarding the future of the CSX Grand Rapids subdivision. Remember this is a useless opinion poll and it is for entertainment purposes only so have fun with it.

ucp.php?mode=register

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Can't wait to coast on my bike all the way down Saugatuck Hill and into New Richmond! :D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

ucp.php?mode=register

GRHC
Useless Poll Creator

Unread post by GRHC »

J T wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:56 am
Can't wait to coast on my bike all the way down Saugatuck Hill and into New Richmond! :D
OMG I hate you so much right now I would hope that you fall off your dumb ass bike and skin your knee.
Once again CSX will own the line for the next five years and it will not be torn up.
I for one would be brokenhearted if it were because that line has been my neighbor and a part of my life forever.
I don't really hate you J T just what you wrote. 😉

ucp.php?mode=register

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Unread post by Typhoon »

GRHC wrote:

Yeah, I'll pass on that. If you don't want to believe me, fine, don't really care.