Plymouth & GR sub-div Work

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Plymouth & GR sub-div Work

Unread post by pudgy »

GP30M4216 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:08 pm
Anyone have any new updates on the track rehab and aggregate facilities reopening at Livingston on the GR Subdivision?
According to the system, cars enroute for Bridgeman Terminal services at Livingston. Cars appear to be coming down from LSRC via Plymouth/Detroit/GR.
Just a Fat Guy

TSS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TSS »

pudgy wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:46 pm
According to the system, cars enroute for Bridgeman Terminal services at Livingston. Cars appear to be coming down from LSRC via Plymouth/Detroit/GR.
What’s the normal transit time for a routing like that? 3-4 days?

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

TSS wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:47 am
pudgy wrote:
Well, routing currently has them in Walbridge (Toledo). Down on the LSRC transfer, that was supposed to start running thru Rougemere, but they just don't have the space. So, Walbridge, Detroit, then GR, then to the local. So, I'd say they'll be on L301 Monday if I had to guess.
Just a Fat Guy

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I have noticed a lot more stone cars going south on LSRC than in past years and I wondered where they were going.
pudgy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:53 pm
TSS wrote:
pudgy wrote:
Well, routing currently has them in Walbridge (Toledo). Down on the LSRC transfer, that was supposed to start running thru Rougemere, but they just don't have the space. So, Walbridge, Detroit, then GR, then to the local. So, I'd say they'll be on L301 Monday if I had to guess.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

AARR wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:59 pm
I have noticed a lot more stone cars going south on LSRC than in past years and I wondered where they were going.
pudgy wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:53 pm
TSS wrote:

These cars appear to be 2 or 3 bay covered hoppers.
Just a Fat Guy

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

Well, they are maybe just getting to Detroit today, so not on 301 tomorrow. Maybe 302... It looks like the system wasn't sure how to route the cars and they were put on hold to fix the issue.
Just a Fat Guy

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Wasn't sure how to route them? Geee, CSX or what? GET OUT A FRIGGEN MAP! LSRC for the Flint to Detroit job may be app pro po....but thats just me. Yard clogged in Rouge. Start calling an extra or two to have them switched out in GRR. Wait...crews? Extra? Nevermind.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

pudgy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pudgy »

Doktor No wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:29 pm
Wasn't sure how to route them? Geee, CSX or what? GET OUT A FRIGGEN MAP! LSRC for the Flint to Detroit job may be app pro po....but thats just me. Yard clogged in Rouge. Start calling an extra or two to have them switched out in GRR. Wait...crews? Extra? Nevermind.
You know the answer... It isn't customer service, or having people in place to make sure things get done that are the priority anymore...

If it's not shipped in steel cans that stack up, or have rubber wheels, it's priority #15+... Nevermind that someone had to set up the customer in the work profile (milepost, address, track capacity, job assigned to service, etc), you'd think that would trigger the terminal and class code... But guess not...

And they wonder why so many customers have left...
Just a Fat Guy

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

pudgy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:48 pm
Doktor No wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:29 pm
You know the answer... It isn't customer service, or having people in place to make sure things get done that are the priority anymore...

If it's not shipped in steel cans that stack up, or have rubber wheels, it's priority #15+... Nevermind that someone had to set up the customer in the work profile (milepost, address, track capacity, job assigned to service, etc), you'd think that would trigger the terminal and class code... But guess not...

And they wonder why so many customers have left...
But low-margin customers hurt the operating ratio! :roll:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

They don't wonder why so many customers have left...THEY LIKE IT. Less wear on the infrastructure, fewer pesky crews and customers wanting services. All get in the way, let alone maintaining motive power...and look at the fuel costs dropping. No trains no fuel needed EVER.
Last edited by Doktor No on Mon Sep 30, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I once heard a manager in Chicago say, seriously, "if we could just get rid of these customers, we'd never have any problems!".
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

And sad to say I believe he was serious too.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.