gladstone yard

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

gladstone yard

Unread post by rdenman62 »

I'm new to this forum and my interest is n scale. I've been looking for an accurate map,prferably a drawing of the layout of gladstone yard showing all tracks and turnouts, buildings etc. There's a pretty good one in a book but its for the steam era. I'm modeling the modern era. Tried google earth,maptec terraserver etc...but cannot get clear enough picture to show the actual layout of the yard. I'm hoping someone here can help. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Re: gladstone yard

Unread post by CAT345C »

I"ll see what I can find. I think I may have exactly what your looking for.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

fantastic!! I've been putting off building my layout because of this...I just want to replicate the yard as prototypical as possible. Thanks.....

rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

Mike,
Just wondering if you've found anything yet on the yard?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Try maptech.com. I've found they're pretty close in most cases. For modeling purposes they should get you close enough.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

I know by looking at satellite photos the yard has changed quite a bit...I even wrote to CN for maps or anything and they told me "nothing like that exists"...so I am relying on someone here. Soo line Historical didn't have anything. I recieved a response from everyone I contacted and basically no one had anything along the lines of what I'm looking for. A good sketch of the yard and facilities would be just fine I think at this point. Doesn't have to be to scale or anything. Just something to know how many turnouts, tracks, buildings, signals...etc

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Haven't come up with anything yet, I'm going to find my UP binder, I've got some old SOO and CNW track charts for the mains up there.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e