HESR in Pigeon

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

HESR in Pigeon

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

I caught the HESR twice tonight. Around 8:30, I was headed south through the Caseville Road/M-142 intersection/crossing and looked to the east and saw the headlight down in the center of town. I was ahead of schedule for my hockey game in Bad Axe, so I turned around and went into the center of town. I found the CORP 3838 bring a couple of boxcars off the elevator/bean plant spur. These must have been loads from the bean plant as they are often sitting on the spur back by the plant. On my way home at around 11:45 I saw the faint headlight as I crossed the main just east of Elkton on M-142. I thought they must be somewhere between Pigeon and Elkton, so I continued west. I found nothing. As I crossed the Sturm Rd. crossing by Huron Casting, I saw that they were still in the center of town. When I turned the corner I heard the horn. So I turned around and caught them at the Sturm Rd. crossing. Again, it was CORP 3838 with 12 covered hoppers, 1 auto parts boxcar for Tower in Elkton, and 3 more covered hoppers. It was nice to catch some action on the HESR again.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: HESR in Pigeon

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the HESR observations :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...