GTW tri-light signals..

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Railnut
BANHAMMERED

GTW tri-light signals..

Unread post by Railnut »

Tally up the old Tri-light signals on da GTW, I'll start
Port Huron:
16th Street, signal # 617 (west end of CN Strathoy Sub)..3 heads for westbounds
Amtrak Depot, 2 heads, governing GTW trains entering track 4 of the CN yard.
CN track 4, 3 heads, governing eastbounds bound for either the Amtrak depot, or Sarnia.
A(IIRC) 2 headed set governing trains, exiting the storage yard, entering track 1 for Sarnia.
A 2 headed set governing CSX trains entering Tappan, westbound.
Another 2 headed set governing trains entering Tappan, off the MtC.

Flint Sub:
Distand signal for West Tappan (Taylor Rd), single head in each direction
Emmett approach (Wales Center Rd), single(?) head in each direction
Breen Rd(west of Emmett), IIRC, there is still a tri-light for westbounds, 1 head (may be gone now)
Graham Rd (approach for Imlay City), single head in each direction, may be wrong on this one.
Attica(?), approach from Imlay City (eastbound), single head in both directions.
I belive there is another near Davison, single head, westbounds only.(May be wrong on that one too)

MtC Sub:
Kimball (Range Rd), 2 signal heads, only one is a "tri-light", though the other is fairly old as well IIRC. Also, one lense has been platted over (the green one I belive)..this is the Tappan approach signal.

Need you guyses input on this one, thanks!
Dave C

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

On the Flint Sub in East Lansing, there are two 2-headed mast Tri-lights at Trowbridge, leftover from the double track ABS days. One is on the old westbound track (North Track, or Main #2) and the other is on the old Eastbound track (South track, or Main #1). The other two signals at Trowbridge are the newer Hood-type color lights.
There are at least two in Battle Creek, and maybe more. There are also several on the South Bend sub west of Battle Creek. There is a set in Marcellus I believe, and I know there are two in Schoolcraft: One at the diamonds with NS by the Cement place, and the other one is at 10th Street, west of town:
The Holly Subdivision between Pontiac and Millwaukee Jct. still has lots of the older US&S type Tri-lights in Service. Here's a picture I took of one while riding on Amtrak's Lake Cities last year:
There's also a few at Haven siding (New Haven) on the Mount Clemens sub. I'd post a picture of those ones, but it's showing up as an "X" in the gallery......
Those are all the ones I know.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Yall forgot wixom on the old Jackson Branch, one still stands, on Coe Rails portion, then one was right at the southern end of the north Wixom siding, until CSX tore it out, its sitting in the woods now. Their is a photo of half of it on the RRHX page
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

GT Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GT Railfan »

Just outside of the yard at pontiac. The signal is just befor the bridge that gose over Dixie Hwy. Then up that track about two miles is another at the GM plant. I beleive it is the old romeo sub. :D
Take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the Ice! lol

PSK at CH45.2
Railroadfan...fan

Tri-Light Signals on GTW

Unread post by PSK at CH45.2 »

Ran into this EB/WB pair on Saturday just east of Raubinger Road in Swartz Creek.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Now that I think about it a little bit, I do recall that there are at least two intermediate sets between Durand and Flint. The set at Raubinger above, and then there is another set somewhere else around there. I don't remember where exactly though...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Davis Burg south of south of Holly on the Holly sub has a set, and I think the ones visable from US 23 in Fenton might be tri-light as well. I see them every time I go to Durand.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Thanks Guys..will do a tally..hope others chime in on others on da old GTW!
Dave C